Moparts

Back Half Car

Posted By: SD800

Back Half Car - 12/15/11 02:23 PM

wondering what this should cost to have done by a shop, back half, roll cage, tie the frames, install tubs and do sheet metal on a 87 Firebird.
8.50 certification.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Back Half Car - 12/15/11 03:36 PM

Probably 8K give or take depending on the quality and materials. You'd really have to be more specific. Building a rear? Parts needed? Excessive corrosion? Undoing someone elses work? Moly?
Posted By: 604 Hemi GTX

Re: Back Half Car - 12/15/11 04:26 PM

I was given a quote of 15k,but with that they did a moly round tube backhalf 8.50 cert cage,new 4 link,new dana 60 with disc brakes, frame tied and window net. May have forgot something.
Kevin
Posted By: Moparpoor

Re: Back Half Car - 12/15/11 09:51 PM

Alot of thaught and planning has to be done before a sound estimate can be given.Tire size,round tube or square tube back half,stretch the qrts or not,mild steel or moly,behind or in front of the dash with the cage,full interior or gutted,4link or ladder bar.All of this stuff plus much more makes a large diffrence in cost.In my experience people always change their mind midway through and the cost tends to double.So plan plan ahead!!!!!
Posted By: Hitman340

Re: Back Half Car - 12/15/11 09:57 PM

Unless you have your mind made up on who your taking it to Id be more than happy to give you a quote.If interested your welcome to send me all the details.Or I could even refer you to another great shop in Michigan.
Posted By: fishy340

Re: Back Half Car - 12/15/11 10:21 PM

depends where you live,here on long isl atleast 15,000g's,unless you use the guy that did my work,then i'd say double that
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Back Half Car - 12/15/11 11:24 PM

Quote:

I was given a quote of 15k,but with that they did a moly round tube backhalf 8.50 cert cage,new 4 link,new dana 60 with disc brakes, frame tied and window net. May have forgot something.
Kevin

heck in todays market you can buy the whole dang rolling chassis for $15k. one just like this.
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Back Half Car - 12/15/11 11:45 PM

When I had mine done back in the winter of 05/06 it was $6800.

My car was completely gutted and already tied. We went with a MS cage certed to 8.50 and a square tube 4 link using and shorting my supplied axle.

He also cut the inner fenders out at the same time.

Posted By: Super Scamp

Re: Back Half Car - 12/15/11 11:50 PM

Quote:

wondering what this should cost to have done by a shop, back half, roll cage, tie the frames, install tubs and do sheet metal on a 87 Firebird.
8.50 certification.

Even though it's a x brand car. Roughly with C/M Dana/4 link/shocks/disk brakes/ Lines/ fuel cell/ 8.50 cert. 8500.00 doing the work myself including the computer bending of all bars. So I guess that a shop cost with over head would be close to 11 to 15 g's

Attached picture 6968719-Picturebaseball004.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums