Moparts

mo-power series is it done?

Posted By: junkyardmaxie

mo-power series is it done? - 12/07/11 07:51 PM

Has anyone heard whether the mo-power series is done ? the one charlie blankenship had. schedule for norwalk is out ,some one said no chrysler meet scheduled ? any in put ? someone else going to pick it up ? thanks
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/07/11 07:55 PM

It is on norwalks and tails schedule. the swap meet is in FEB,, on the mo-power site.
Posted By: Super Scamp

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/08/11 12:14 AM

Quote:

It is on norwalks and tails schedule. the swap meet is in FEB,, on the mo-power site.

Come on Vern your hiding something... If anyone know's Vern Knows..

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/08/11 03:31 AM

great, sounds good i figured if any one knew you would Vern thanks

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/09/11 12:32 AM

Kil-kare been added..the schedule..is at mo-power site.
Posted By: Hitman340

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/09/11 01:47 AM

Now that we have Josh putting on his awesome Monster Mopar event I could care less if it went away.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/09/11 02:39 AM

Can't really tell who's running the Mo-Power events this year. Too much BS and not enough comunication from the Mo-Power group.

Vern said that website has swap meet and 3 races listed, and they do! So the question is...... Who is running the show. I would like to know.

I looked up the first race and it's paying back to the 8th's 35 bucks... OHHHH car count lololol
Posted By: cudadon

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/09/11 02:59 AM

Quote:

Now that we have Josh putting on his awesome Monster Mopar event I could care less if it went away.

Don

Attached picture 6957674-wheelsup5-1-11.jpg

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/09/11 03:02 AM

Quote:

If Josh could get a flew races and have a series.That would be cool ..I would like that very much..But his one race is not going to get us thought the year.. I don't know whats happing with the mo-power race series..But as right now it is all we got.. and maybe there some hope it will be better..They have to know how we feel about it.. I am sure they read this stuff.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/09/11 03:04 AM

Quote:

I looked up the first race and it's paying back to the 8th's 35 bucks... OHHHH car count lololol

Well thats a good start..better than it been in the past

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/09/11 03:11 AM

"Payout's Based on car count" This is what burn my my butt and this is how they screw you out of your money..They have to stop this.!!
Posted By: joshking440

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/09/11 04:30 AM

Charlie is running the MoPower series this year as he has in the past. That is fact.

I will have more than one race this year, I will be partnering with Bob George to run the Pittsburgh event, but we haven't worked out the details.
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/09/11 04:34 AM

Quote:

I will be partnering with Bob George to run the Pittsburgh event, but we haven't worked out the details.

Hopefully on a weekend the kids don't have a points race at home
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/09/11 03:43 PM

Quote:

I will have more than one race this year, I will be partnering with Bob George to run the Pittsburgh event, but we haven't worked out the details.

Glad to hear it. Keep us posted on dates and tracks. I don't expect firm dates before Christmas, but sometime in January would be nice for planning trips in 2012.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/09/11 03:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Glad to hear it. Keep us posted on dates and tracks. I don't expect firm dates before Christmas, but sometime in January would be nice for planning trips in 2012.

I knew it the NO Payout clause of car count is the way out of not putting out the cash.. Well I wont be wasting my time with that race, Even if my team want's me to go. I will drive 1/2 hour and race for 1500 @ 45.00 Entry at local tack and put X brand on trailers...
Posted By: cgall

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/09/11 05:31 PM

I've never been to the race at KilKare, why bother going up there to run 1/8th mile when I can do that 15 mins. from my house for the same money? For Mo-Power points?

Vern, what did Jenni win for being the Pro champ?
Posted By: dartman366

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/09/11 07:07 PM

looks like Columbus is down to two days this year,,thats gonna suck,,a real dissapointment as this is one of the better shows.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/09/11 07:46 PM

Quote:

I've never been to the race at KilKare, why bother going up there to run 1/8th mile when I can do that 15 mins. from my house for the same money? For Mo-Power points?

Vern, what did Jenni win for being the Pro champ?

Well lets put it this way..I am not sure what we are getting yet..will not know till Feb..But I beleve we made more money at our local track in the 4 weekend we race there..won 3 out of 4 and a final 3.. If she gets what I think..I will not chase after the series again
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/09/11 09:42 PM

I was told by a reliable source that Eddie Blankenship is no long involved with the Mopower Series.Eddie and Chris are the the people that I most trusted and ran the series for Charlie.Last year I got the impression that there were issues.
After having discussions with the Tedescos and a recent meeting with them it was decided that the Curt Memorial Race would be better served with out all the Classic verses Mopower drama and issues and that The race would be best not involved keeping on a level of integrity and professionalism that represented Curt's legesy.
We also would like to see any Mopar series of events survive and wish all the best to Charlie and Jeff.We are also happy that Josh has stepped up to try and start a new series and honored that he would like to work with BGR and PRP to have a Mopar race at Pittsburgh.
Not to discredit anyone,but after all the drama that has hurt the past events in both partisipation,attendence and reputations a new independent series is a welcoming breath of fresh air.
Our most important thoughts is to have a great event that Curt would be proud of.
Respectfully
Bob and all at BGR.

PS: We would like to extend our thanks and appreciation to Charlie,Chris and Eddie for the past great years involved with the Curt Memorial Race.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/10/11 12:38 AM

So do we have a date for Pittsburgh yet ?
Posted By: cheapracer

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/10/11 01:03 AM

I think Jeff Johnson is starting a race series in LeRue OH.? Also Larry Augenstein is having a race in June. I will be racing next year with a new car so I'm hoping to get some runs in.
Posted By: RonTheAnnouncer

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/10/11 01:35 AM

This is what I got from Jeff Johnson today:
http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/..._IJo_qu6g%3D%3D
Looks like he has 2 races lined up.
Posted By: bodyworks racing

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/10/11 02:00 AM

This is great news Bob, WE attended Monster Mopar at Indy as you did and it was a class act. Cant wait till Curt,s race next year
Posted By: 64dodge572

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/10/11 03:09 AM

Looks like two choices for July 28-29 2012:
http://www.jeffjohnsonmotorsports.com/challenge.php

http://www.mo-powernow.com/kilkare.html
Posted By: nss guy

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/10/11 03:31 AM

Quote:

Looks like two choices for July 28-29 2012:
http://www.jeffjohnsonmotorsports.com/challenge.php

http://www.mo-powernow.com/kilkare.html

Here's the dilemma:
Mo-Power Purse...??? vs Jeff Johnson Purse..last time guaranteed
KilKare= Excellent starting line and track!!!
Marion County= Terrible starting line and down track conditions?? was not sactioned with either IHRA or NHRA last year,2012????
I would love to see Jeff Johnson move this race to another track.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/10/11 03:33 AM

Quote:

Charlie is running the MoPower series this year as he has in the past. That is fact.

Hey Josh,
How about Gateway? I would think they have some open dates for 2012

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/10/11 04:34 AM

It looks like Jeff's payouts are not based on car count. So I will be going to LeRue it is a 1/4 mile track and that is what my car is set-up for.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/10/11 04:49 AM

hello guys, got my registration form today for MO-POWER swap meet feb 25, 2012 at the Buckeye building, in columbus ohio .same as always.
Posted By: 360904

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/10/11 03:25 PM

Looks like there will be alot of places to race in 2012.

Posted By: kissmyaspen

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/10/11 03:36 PM

Ill just do my normals.. Trails and norwalk.. No point in driving 2 hours for $50 semis.. Ill just stay home and race..

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/10/11 03:41 PM

Quote:

Ill just do my normals.. Trails and norwalk.. No point in driving 2 hours for $50 semis.. Ill just stay home and race..

$50 for semi's??
I got $38 for semi's at kilkare

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/10/11 04:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

$50 for semi's??

My point

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/10/11 08:19 PM

Same here, plus the Curt George Memorial,,then I will just shake the bag and see what falls out.
Posted By: dusterchas572

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/11/11 02:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

$50 for semi's??

My point

I see Jeff Johnson is paying $250 semis guaranted!
$50 for eights thats 16 cars paid.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/11/11 02:24 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

$50 for semi's??

My point

It's a NO Brainer where the cars are going. anytime I can get some gas back into the motorhome.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/11/11 02:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

$50 for semi's??

My point

It's a NO Brainer where the cars are going. anytime I can get some gas back into the motorhome.

Yes Jeff Johnson paid $250 at the Marion race, I got the check and it cleared! The car count was low, probably due to the weather and location. He still paid. Marion County track really needs some upgrades, hope they can do some before the 2012 race season
Posted By: poppaj

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/11/11 05:27 PM

We got $18 for semi's once and a whole $128 for a win in a $50 Sat gamblers race.

Attached picture 6961712-IMG_1807.jpg

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/11/11 05:30 PM

I see they took down all the pay out details at the MO-Power site

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/11/11 06:16 PM

Its ur fault Vern.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/11/11 06:21 PM

Maybe it's a sign they are reading ?..
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/11/11 08:41 PM

The series may not officially be done, but I think the fat lady is warming up.

Dennis

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/11/11 08:44 PM

Quote:

I hope they are reading all the post here.

They need a wake up call, I'm sure you will get a ear full in Feb.

Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/11/11 08:49 PM

Quote:

We got $18 for semi's once and a whole $128 for a win in a $50 Sat gamblers race.

You have to be KIDDIN... $128 for the win.... what
was the car count... 3 cars

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/11/11 10:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I hope they are reading all the post here.

They need a wake up call, I'm sure you will get a ear full in Feb.

Don't worry about Vern,,he has big ears

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/12/11 12:08 AM

Not much they can say to me.. I been a good supporter..spends lots of money chasing after their series. and have spoke highly of them in the past.They as a family have treated my family and I very good. They just got to change their ways..I will still go to their races. Only 3 now..and I like all three tracks..Norwalk is iffy because I would like to go to Josh's race in indy. I can't do back to back big weekends like that. We will just have to see how it all go's

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/13/11 03:04 AM

Quote:

I see they took down all the pay out details at the MO-Power site

Maybe they have to count cars first to see how much more to take away from the racers.
Maybe they will name it pay out surprise.As in SURPRISE you don't get paid! But we did.

MMW for our group all the way.
Posted By: VIPERDUST

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/13/11 06:26 AM

No race listed at martin, 131 this year.
Posted By: springers340dart

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/15/11 01:25 AM

i figured 131 would probably get taken off. car counts have fallen the past few years.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/15/11 09:12 AM

I think the way they are schudling these events,they are hurting each other and the car counts will be down at both of their events.They both need to rethink their locations and marketing methods.As always,good luck to both of them.
PS:If they would both kiss and make up putting all the BS behind them,they could team up and put on one heck of a great series.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/15/11 12:52 PM

PS:If they would both kiss and make up putting all the BS behind them,they could team up and put on one heck of a great series.

One seems to be a good PR person,,,and EB sure can call a race behind the mic

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/15/11 04:34 PM

Quote:

We will certainly miss Eddie and Chris and the crew,they were #1 with us.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/15/11 08:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

We will certainly miss Eddie and Chris and the crew,they were #1 with us.

and now it's over

Russ

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/15/11 11:18 PM

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/15/11 11:29 PM

Quote:

Is it really over... I have not heard from the promoter,except for the website, which I'm suprised that you don't have to be a member of the Mo-Power assocation to look at the schedule like the points ... RIP.....

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/16/11 01:56 AM

They have the track rented for May at Trails... Its just two days this year.... The track is going to be doing a test and tune on friday.. So something is going to happen.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/16/11 02:10 AM

Quote:

They have the track rented for May at Trails... Its just two days this year.... The track is going to be doing a test and tune on friday.. So something is going to happen.

R.....I.....P......

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/16/11 02:13 AM

I wish everyone knew the real story about why you have to subscribe to MCG to access the points system.

I do, and if everyone else would just think about it, it would all make sense.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/16/11 02:23 AM

and mopar collectors guide points series....

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/16/11 02:35 AM

I promise that even if the MoPower Races dont happen, there will be a MCG points series.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/16/11 04:47 AM

Quote:

I promise that even if the MoPower Races dont happen, there will be a MCG points series.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/16/11 01:03 PM

Quote:

I wish everyone knew the real story about why you have to subscribe to MCG to access the points system.

I do, and if everyone else would just think about it, it would all make sense.

So educate us.

Dennis

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/16/11 03:41 PM

I cant educate you without publicly bashing the guy that owns that series, and I will not be part of that.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/16/11 04:31 PM

Quote:

I cant educate you without publicly bashing the guy that owns that series, and I will not be part of that.

I just makes me sick as ..well you know. Can't read about racing schedules and who's doing what in the National Dragster.. We need this form and others to get information about Grass Roots Bracket Racing..
Posted By: julian2007

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/16/11 05:00 PM

Shouldn't you be fixing something electrical instead of imposing your will upon others via the internet?????????

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/16/11 07:20 PM

Quote:

Shouldn't you be fixing something electrical instead of imposing your will upon others via the internet?????????

Done fixed the electrical end of of this beat it with a hammer until it is fixed. Oh and are we having a pig roast this year..

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/16/11 07:29 PM

Yea...HOG ROAST where are we doing that at?

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/16/11 07:41 PM

Quote:

Ask Bruce The ball is in his court Mopar Mafia Racing Awards Banquet Party

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/16/11 07:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ask Bruce The ball is in his court Monster Mopar Mafia Racing Awards Banquet Party

Fixed that for you...

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/16/11 07:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ask Bruce The ball is in his court Monster Mopar Mafia Racing Awards Banquet Party

Fixed that for you...

Thanks
It's got a good "RING" to that...

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/16/11 09:02 PM

My house March 3rd prime rib eating contest and banquet
Be there or be uncool.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/16/11 09:40 PM

Quote:

My house March 3rd prime rib eating contest and banquet
Be there or be uncool.

I heard from the Crews that there is some SERIOUS Red meat eaters at this party... I will try to keep up with Big Ben Cantrell...

Attached picture 6969888-Feb26th014.JPG
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/17/11 12:03 AM

If bashing an owner of a series WE all pay for and support then I would think WE deserve to know the truth Just whisper it to Vern and he will fill us all in. I think BG has the correct opinion and I have thought of that myself,as to why they couldnt team up and make 1 really great series Josh good luck with your races and of course BG will put on an outstanding show. Maybe by next year (2013) things will work out to getting people together and putting on a handfull of nice complete weekend style races.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/17/11 02:40 AM

"G"
I know how you feel I could not even see my points and I was at the bottom of the list, well maybe not right at the bottom.

I have been working on tring to look at every website form out thier to see what other racers been saying about the MCG series with Mo-Power.

Stay tuned to the Mopart's News is about to break about some stuff...
Posted By: Duster3105

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/18/11 10:40 PM

Quote:

If bashing an owner of a series WE all pay for and support then I would think WE deserve to know the truth Just whisper it to Vern and he will fill us all in. I think BG has the correct opinion and I have thought of that myself,as to why they couldnt team up and make 1 really great series Josh good luck with your races and of course BG will put on an outstanding show. Maybe by next year (2013) things will work out to getting people together and putting on a handfull of nice complete weekend style races

Posted By: dusterchas572

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/20/11 04:23 PM

Quote:

Well you just did. If your not part of the rumor mill problem, why did you hijack this post?

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/20/11 05:03 PM

How did I hijack the post?

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/20/11 05:13 PM

Quote:

How did I hijack the post?

I was wondering that myself.
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/20/11 05:26 PM

Josh, just tell what you know.

The truth is never bashing.

Just the facts

[dragnet] Dum, da dum dum Duuuuum. [/dragnet]

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/20/11 05:33 PM

Maybe if the promoter would care enough to clear the air we wouldn't need to discuss how dad the series is we might just sing its praises.

I wander how we could test this theory let me think,aha I have it lets just use the monster mopar series as a common frame of reference.People ask questions he answers, people ask for something he delivers,what a concept!!!!!!! this brand new outside of the box thinking is just what the doctor ordered.
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/20/11 06:38 PM

Here is my take on the whole situation. First off let me state that I have enjoyed running the Blankenships series. They welcomed me and my family with open arms at every event right from the get go. They made us feel like we had attended every event they ever had even at the first one we went to. They appear to me to be good people and thats the bottom line.
That being said, their series has obviously taken a turn for the worse. Many people are not happy with it on here by the looks of it. My only complaint about the series is the one that will keep me from traveling to the events. That is that you can't pay $50 to get to the semi finals. Its simple math. That barely pays for dinner. If you are depending on traveling racers you are gonna have to have a decent payout. You better be getting dinner money at 16 versus 4. I wont go to a local race 10 minutes from my house if they are paying $50 for semis. These cars and equipment are too expensive to maintain plain and simple. Josh has realized that and made a race (or two) that is worth traveling to and I will support those races for sure.
My only words of advice to the promoters are A: get sponsors so you can guarantee the payout and B put yourself in your racers shoes and think about what its gonna take to get the average Mopar racer to come to your races.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/20/11 07:37 PM

dusterchas572...Are you answering for Jeff? Just asking...

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/20/11 10:04 PM

Quote:

dusterchas572...Are you answering for Jeff? Just asking...

We would all like to know!!! dusterchas572 Just asking.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/21/11 12:46 AM

Quote:

Here is my take on the whole situation. First off let me state that I have enjoyed running the Blankenships series. They welcomed me and my family with open arms at every event right from the get go. They made us feel like we had attended every event they ever had even at the first one we went to. They appear to me to be good people and thats the bottom line.
That being said, their series has obviously taken a turn for the worse. Many people are not happy with it on here by the looks of it. My only complaint about the series is the one that will keep me from traveling to the events. That is that you can't pay $50 to get to the semi finals. Its simple math. That barely pays for dinner. If you are depending on traveling racers you are gonna have to have a decent payout. You better be getting dinner money at 16 versus 4. I wont go to a local race 10 minutes from my house if they are paying $50 for semis. These cars and equipment are too expensive to maintain plain and simple. Josh has realized that and made a race (or two) that is worth traveling to and I will support those races for sure.
My only words of advice to the promoters are A: get sponsors so you can guarantee the payout and B put yourself in your racers shoes and think about what its gonna take to get the average Mopar racer to come to your races.

No disrespect to the OP,,,,but,,,I didn't find.."my first race..treated like I had ran all...etc, etc". QUITE the opposite,,,I was treated like I was an intruder/dumbazz/undesirable/complete idiot/'what/who do you think you are'/first time racer/I don't want you here/etc/etc.....if it goes under,,I will understand and pretty well know why..
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/21/11 04:59 AM

Quote:

Just the facts

Hey there "Wild Bill". Sometimes the truth is better left unsaid. The facts will be laid out on the table, and only a few insiders will know the real truth, and there will be plenty speculating by the outsiders. Usually all the promoters know each other if they have been around a while. The promoters of the Mo-Power now races have either chosen to not join in on this discussion or have been told not to by someone of authority. That's my 2 cents worth from one of the many banned people of knowlege from "The (former)Chrysler Classics". This year I will be going to "The Chrysler Power Classics",put on by Jeff Johnson.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/21/11 03:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Just the facts

Hey there "Wild Bill". Sometimes the truth is better left unsaid. The facts will be laid out on the table, and only a few insiders will know the real truth, and there will be plenty speculating by the outsiders. Usually all the promoters know each other if they have been around a while. The promoters of the Mo-Power now races have either chosen to not join in on this discussion or have been told not to by someone of authority. That's my 2 cents worth from one of the many banned people of knowlege from "The (former)Chrysler Classics". This year I will be going to "The Chrysler Power Classics",put on by Jeff Johnson.

The end of the Yellow brick road is near,and the Wizard of Promoters all will come clear with news that all is clear for the next year.
Posted By: d7cook

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/21/11 05:50 PM

Although the questions surrounding these events suck you also have to keep things in perspective. I also go to other brand events and by comparison the Mopar problems are small. The GS Nationals in bowling green last October paid out exactly $0 for 5 bracket classes. The Q16 paid out $1800 but a sponsor paid in $1000 and it was $50 to race in Q16. Frustration with payouts like this had led to the formation of another club with another race. Reportedly the chairman of the club raided the club accounts and it collapsed but was reborn under different leadership after a lawsuit finally worked things out. So as meager as $50 qtrs sound along with the other problems it's worse elsewhere.

With the economy in the tank attendance is down, costs are up, so events are probably going to be suffering for while.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/22/11 12:47 AM

Josh was replying to Super Scamp on the points deal, there is another thread about that.

Aside from all the drama between JJ and CB, I agree with Eric Paul and have had a great run with the CC and M-P races. Many of these deals have faded into obscurity recently because of the lack of sponsors in a down economy. Look at one of your CC event shirts from 2005, they are covered with sponsor names.

With entry fees paying the bills, it is not feasible to travel at great expense for a payout similar to what you can win at your local track. Promoters need to look at the structure of the No-Box Nats or the Ultimate 64 to draw in cars.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/22/11 02:24 AM

Explain to me just how a promoter can not make money at an event when he has sponsers paying for each class pay out and a sponser paying $15,000 to $20,000 ,race cars,show car,car corral,spectaters,venders and swap meet charges as well as tee-shirt and other sales.Usually a track charges a flat rate for the weekend and or a precentage of the gate.
The main issue I see is poor business practices or bad attitudes on the part of the promoters.A lot of track owners would rather have their own events than have to deal with some of the travaling "snake oil salesmen"
As I have said many times Jeff and Charlie do more damage to themselves than the economy has done to them.I wish both the best of luck.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/22/11 02:42 AM

Quote:

Explain to me just how a promoter can not make money at an event when he has sponsers paying for each class pay out and a sponser paying $15,000 to $20,000 ,race cars,show car,car corral,spectaters,venders and swap meet charges as well as tee-shirt and other sales.Usually a track charges a flat rate for the weekend and or a precentage of the gate.
The main issue I see is poor business practices or bad attitudes on the part of the promoters.A lot of track owners would rather have their own events than have to deal with some of the travaling "snake oil salesmen"
As I have said many times Jeff and Charlie do more damage to themselves than the economy has done to them.I wish both the best of luck.

Well said Bob.....maybe the taxes get the best of some....if there is a tax on azzholes..

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/22/11 02:48 AM

Quote:

Could not have been said any better ----

When you run a "series" you have to also consider what the "series" brings in and that is your year. It was NOT a one race event so if they made less at one they could make more at another. Love it how the purse was cut due to car count at one event but did they ever raise it when the car count was way up at another? I think not

2012 will be a very interesting year to say the least and I will be open to much more then following just a Mopar series.

Russ
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/22/11 02:50 AM

You nailed it, Bob.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/22/11 02:51 AM

Quote:

The main issue I see is poor business practices or bad attitudes on the part of the promoters.

They both have given the Mopar Promoter world a Black Eye.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/22/11 02:53 AM

I advertise a lot of sponsors but I will tell you this, I advertise not just the people who write me a sponsorship check, but some folks take time to promote the event like it was theirs a that has substantial value.

Now some events are different than others but my total sponsorship dollars my first year didn't cover 50% of my payouts. But here is an ironic thought... Use some of the race entries to pay the purse. Not every class makes you money and some cost you. Little thing in our world called the cost of doing business.

I'm not saying my ways are the right way but as long as the racers, show car guy, vendors, spectators and my sponsors are happy and we are growing I feel I'm doing ok.

Maybe I'm a fool but I would THINK that my sponsors would only let me drop human
fical matter on then before I lost there support and that would be more embarrassing to me than just about anything.
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/22/11 05:02 AM

Quote:

That's the truth! Well put!

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/22/11 05:31 AM

Why would anyone pay 15-20000 to sponsor a Mopower events race?? Norwalk would be the only event where you could even come close to getting a return on investment.
Now the St. Louis Monster Mopar event did have this kind of sponsor but you would simply need that with what it costs to have the track for a weekend. And that number doesnt even come close to covering the cost of renting the track. Back when the Dragraceresults series ran there like 8 years ago iIt was $30000 to rent it back then. I have heard numbers nearing triple that to rent it now.
As much as I say the promoters need to think about it from a racers standpoint; the racers need to think about it from a promoters standpoint. Think about if you were a sponsor how much you would be willing to throw up for a single event? How much return on investment is there? Same for the race promoter. I guarantee that people like Josh or the Dillmans that run the No Box Nationals have 6 months of work into their races. If I am putting 6 months of stress and work into something I better be capable of clearing $10,000 or it aint worth it. Yeah they love the sport but 6 months of work to make a grand or break even aint worth it. Nor would it be to most of you.
Heck its almost $3000 worth of operating expense at my local track on a Saturday before the purse and Chandler is a dump! From a business perspective its really tough to do.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/22/11 02:51 PM

I would say the real problem with the events of today is spectators (the lack of them) the first cc event jj put on had almost the same amount of spectators as the nats.I think it slowly faded away when jj jacked up the vendor fees to the point where he lost allot and when cb took over he just plain pi$$ed them all off and ran them off.

Without vendors there will be no spectators, lets face it watching bracket racing is about as exciting as mowing grass.I love it my self but I am a racer,you need spectators to make a show a success and as racers we need to help get it jump started again.I bring all the people with me I can, anyone I can talk into going then I try to make sure they have a great time,big bbq parties after the race,beer,fish fries ect ect.

If we all do a little it will help allot. we also need to keep a open mind about attractions these promoters come up with.Like maybe a little modern muscle throw down with other brands welcome,old nito cars all brands,A run what you brung class w/20000 to win.What ever it takes to bring in the people and fill the stands.

Not trying to start a argument just spit balling Ideas, it can only go up from here and if we all help push it will go allot faster.

Attached picture 6978966-winnerscircle.JPG

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/22/11 06:52 PM

Advertisement on the radio stations like the old days SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY AT DETROIT DRAGWAY MOPAR SHOW DOWN. Yeah Baby.. We/Us as Bruce put it can do are part to bring the crowd in. Spread the word..

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/22/11 07:56 PM

Amen to that, Scamp, local radio ads will help, so will free/discount tickets at the parts stores, how about a display of Max Wedge cars at the local mega-supermarket, get a radio station to do a live broadcast from the track on Friday. Lots of great inexpensive ways to get the word out and draw in spectators. The Mopar races already have the car show, swap meet, and drag races that people will come in to see if they hear about it.

One year CB had a CC race at Edgewater, a few weeks later I was wearing my event shirt and a guy pitted next to me at a Saturday night bracket race, he had a NSS Belvedere. He asked me where I got the shirt, he never heard of CC or knew of the race at Edgewater.

Getting the word out about your race is easier than ever, with this site, Brackettalk, FB, and other freebies. To my knowledge, CB has done "none of the above". EB came on here a few times to answer questions, but it was very little info and was a long time ago.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/22/11 09:56 PM

Quote:

Advertisement on the radio stations like the old days SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY AT DETROIT DRAGWAY MOPAR SHOW DOWN. Yeah Baby.. We/Us as Bruce put it can do are part to bring the crowd in. Spread the word..

Hey there Super Scamp, Check out my web site www.sledcityevents.com , and you will here Sunday Sunday Sunday on my radio ad from last yrars "Spring Nostalgia Nationals". This 2nd annual race is scheduled for June 23-24,2012 and is open to all 1977 and older cars. 68% of the entries are Mopars because this is Mopar country here at National Trail Raceway. We have sportsman ns/s, gassers, f/x classes, pro, super pro, and of course the Bad Boys See Ya There !

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/23/11 01:17 AM

Quote:

Why would anyone pay 15-20000 to sponsor a Mopower events race?? Norwalk would be the only event where you could even come close to getting a return on investment.
Maybe it's not always about the money.BGR and Associates have sponsered the Curt George Memorial Race for the last 7 years,6 with the CC/MoPower involvment.We will sponser it again this year.It's about honoring Curt's legesy and honoring all that attend this event.Somethings you can't put a price on,that this race continues to grow with the support and attendence is priceless.We could honor Curt in many other venues like an heavy equipment rodeo,but his love for dragracing Mopars and all his racing friends and family make the choise of having this event only natural and easy.
Buy having a sponser put up enough money to cover the cost there would be no reason for event not to profit.
Respectfully
Bob

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/23/11 01:26 AM

Bob and his group are the only reason that race happens at PRP..... Trust me I know!
Posted By: MagnumDartSport

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/23/11 03:03 AM

Quote:

If I am putting 6 months of stress and work into something I better be capable of clearing $10,000 or it aint worth it. Yeah they love the sport but 6 months of work to make a grand or break even aint worth it. Nor would it be to most of you.

Seriously!!!! $10,000 profit.....I would think that if BG or Josh would have that attitude we wouldn't have any races to go to. I know quite a few people who promote and run their own events and none of them are knocking back that kind cash.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/23/11 03:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Maybe it's not always about the money.BGR and Associates have sponsered the Curt George Memorial Race for the last 7 years,6 with the CC/MoPower involvment.We will sponser it again this year.It's about honoring Curt's legesy and honoring all that attend this event.Somethings you can't put a price on,that this race continues to grow with the support and attendence is priceless.We could honor Curt in many other venues like an heavy equipment rodeo,but his love for dragracing Mopars and all his racing friends and family make the choise of having this event only natural and easy.
Buy having a sponser put up enough money to cover the cost there would be no reason for event not to profit.
Respectfully
Bob

Will there be a CC/MoPower event honoring Curt George in 2012??
If so when and where?

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/23/11 03:28 AM

If so when and where?

If I may respond for Bob as he may be sleeping....the answer is no sir, Curts race will not be a part of that series..... Now another points series....that may be a possibility....
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/23/11 04:48 AM

Quote:

If so when and where?

If I may respond for Bob as he may be sleeping....the answer is no sir, Curts race will not be a part of that series..... Now another points series....that may be a possibility....

And from one of Bob's earlier posts, the race will happen in 2012 whether its with a series or not.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/23/11 07:09 PM

You guys are correct,being respectful of Curt's memory,the BGR team,and all our friends,families and racers that support and attend this event we will continue to have this event.We are sad that Eddie has left the Mo Power series,he and Chris are like family and treated us with utmost respect.
We hope BGR/PRP and Josh can work things out to bring and keep a point type series to the race.
We want to thank all who attend and support our efforts.So get the word out,"there will be a race at PRP and we will honor and respect everyone who attends and will go the distance to show everyone some good ol South Western Pa. hospitality.
Thanks everyone.
Respectfully,
Bob

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/27/11 03:02 AM

Quote:

You guys are correct,being respectful of Curt's memory,the BGR team,and all our friends,families and racers that support and attend this event we will continue to have this event.We are sad that Eddie has left the Mo Power series,he and Chris are like family and treated us with utmost respect.
We hope BGR/PRP and Josh can work things out to bring and keep a point type series to the race.
We want to thank all who attend and support our efforts.So get the word out,"there will be a race at PRP and we will honor and respect everyone who attends and will go the distance to show everyone some good ol South Western Pa. hospitality.
Thanks everyone.
Respectfully,
Bob

Bob, Would you happen to have a date for that race so that Sled City can put it on the schedule?
Posted By: ChuckT

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/27/11 02:25 PM

Here are the dates Bob posted in our tree race thread (Bob sponsors the tree race too!). I'm thinking Bob mean June 15-17 for 2012:

Joe,the Tedescos are having the Curt Race on the same date a last year in June,18,19,20
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/27/11 11:34 PM

So then if I can summarize it looks like there will be two different all-mopar series this year. The old CCevents/Mopower held at Columbus, Kilkare and Norwalk… and now a new Monster Mopar series that will be run at Indy, PRP and Gateway?

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/28/11 02:26 AM

Quote:

So then if I can summarize it looks like there will be two different all-mopar series this year. The old CCevents/Mopower held at Columbus, Kilkare and Norwalk… and now a new Monster Mopar series that will be run at Indy, PRP and Gateway?

And ------------ there is/was rumor of another 4 race series with Jeff Johnson

Russ

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/28/11 02:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

And ------------ there is/was rumor of another 4 race series with Jeff Johnson

Russ

I think the 4 turned into 2 for this year. Not complaining though.

Dennis

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/28/11 11:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

If I am putting 6 months of stress and work into something I better be capable of clearing $10,000 or it aint worth it. Yeah they love the sport but 6 months of work to make a grand or break even aint worth it. Nor would it be to most of you.

Seriously!!!! $10,000 profit.....I would think that if BG or Josh would have that attitude we wouldn't have any races to go to. I know quite a few people who promote and run their own events and none of them are knocking back that kind cash.

Then y'all need to start sucking up to the guys that are doing it. I guarantee I wouldn't hold a race where I stood the chance to lose 10,000 if there wasn't a chance to make that much. That's just insane! A 30,000 track rental for a weekend leaves you easily capable of losing over $10,000.
And I think this is where the racers lose sight of the real situation. These races are a business and the chance for loss in the current environment is huge compared to the chance for profit. Thus the events and series are closing shop. I hear guys at the local tracks all the time complaining about how they think the promoter is trying to get rich off them. First off, that's NOT HAPPENING!! For every good weekend the promoter had, he can typically list a bad one. This is one reason I am glad to see guys like Josh have more than one event. Then at least if he takes a hit on one because of Mother Nature (keep in mind they still have to pay for the track even if it rains the whole weekend) then he can hopefully make up for it at the next one. Secondly, nobody stops buying from Jeg's because Jeg's is out to make a profit. So why would someone have a problem with the promoter's making a profit??

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/28/11 11:59 PM

And let me add that I applaud you Bob George for putting up those kinds of funds for a race to honor your friend and help the Mopar community.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/29/11 01:44 AM

The "friend" was my son. Some things you just can't put a price tag on or do for profit.Honoring my son(Curt)and the BGR family and supporting all our Mopar friends and racers is "priceless".
Posted By: Chad Bittle

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/29/11 02:35 AM

Curt George race is always a priority on our list. The loyalty is amazing when you know you won't be taken advantage of and treated like family. Only race I feel like traveling too anymore.
Posted By: lewtot184

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/29/11 02:51 AM

the cash cow is the show people. they pay their money and expect nothing in return but a hassle free friendly experience. they buy the shirts, hot dogs, burgers, support the vendors, and wander around and sit in their lawn chairs. if you had 1000 cars at $30 a weekend (2 tickets not just one!), track rental is payed for. nobody will buy a ticket just to watch a bracket race.

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/29/11 06:38 AM

Quote:

The "friend" was my son. Some things you just can't put a price tag on or do for profit.Honoring my son(Curt)and the BGR family and supporting all our Mopar friends and racers is "priceless".

Sorry Bob for the mis-statment on your son! (embarrassed)

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/29/11 01:08 PM

My son is also my Best friend

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/29/11 02:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry Bob for the mis-statment on your son! (embarrassed)

No problem Eric

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/29/11 04:58 PM

JJ is showing a race at Tri-State (OH) August 24-25. Track schedule isn't out yet.
Posted By: hemi-challenger

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/29/11 06:26 PM

Please post the dates for the Curt George Memorial Race, need to put schedule together for 2012 racing. Thanks / Gary
Posted By: ChuckT

Re: mo-power series is it done? - 12/30/11 01:47 PM

Quote:

Here are the dates Bob posted in our tree race thread (Bob sponsors the tree race too!). I'm thinking Bob mean June 15-17 for 2012:

Joe,the Tedescos are having the Curt Race on the same date a last year in June,18,19,20

My post from page 3
© 2024 Moparts Forums