Got This - 12/28/23 01:06 AM

For Christmas, ain’t it cool?

Attached picture 327C9B6B-55CD-48FD-8762-E3ADC01AAA8A.jpeg
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Got This - 12/28/23 02:20 AM

Yes it is! up
Posted By: earlymopar

Re: Got This - 12/28/23 12:49 PM

A picture of a Chevy with a Dodge title?
Posted By: volaredon

Re: Got This - 12/28/23 01:05 PM

I thought the b series were the tradesman and sportsman vans?
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Got This - 12/28/23 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by earlymopar

That was my first thought but looking at it, aside from the grill it’s a pilot house.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Got This - 12/29/23 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by dart4forte

That was my first thought but looking at it, aside from the grill it’s a pilot house.

I don't know man, looks pretty chevy to me, but most of those trucks of that era look a lot a like. .

The "B series trucks" were the 50s Dodge truck line identification. The :B: was followed by a - and a number (B-2 or B-3), the number was the truck weight capacity like the "D" for 73-93 2 wd Dodge trucks (D 100 or a, D 300) or the "W" for the same era 4x4 Dodge trucks (W 100 or W 300).

Attached picture 100_1017.JPG
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Got This - 12/29/23 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by poorboy

I don't know man, looks pretty chevy to me, but most of those trucks of that era look a lot a like. .

The "B series trucks" were the 50s Dodge truck line identification. The :B: was followed by a - and a number (B-2 or B-3), the number was the truck weight capacity like the "D" for 73-93 2 wd Dodge trucks (D 100 or a, D 300) or the "W" for the same era 4x4 Dodge trucks (W 100 or W 300).

Oh well, no matter. The guy made it and gave it to me as a gift. Thought I’d share.
Posted By: Andyvh1959

Re: Got This - 12/29/23 10:21 PM

That image says "Chevy" ALL over it, no way is that a Dodge, not even a B series Dodge. My wife and I were at an antique shop in Waupaca WI a while back and they had a lot of neat vintage pickups and rods stuff, but I pointed out to my wife, "no, that's a 55 Ford, and that is a 48 Chevy" when she'd say "how this for your shop art?" Then, I found the one printed image of an old pickup in front of an old general store, a 53 or 54 Dodge Pilot House pickup. Of course she said, "looks just like the other ones to me." I could even tell the wheelbase and bed style from the image, so I bought it for my shop art. So I said if you see anything like these old pickup images just let me know before you buy it. Not that I don't like the Chevys and Fords of that era, just aint a Dodge.
Posted By: MoparsnMissiles

Re: Got This - 12/30/23 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by poorboy

Just to clarify a bit, B series Dodge pickups were built from 1948 through 1953.
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: Got This - 12/30/23 03:22 AM

Actually it is a Chevy cab with a Dodge bed.
I've owned a few 47-54 Chevys and that is a Chevy cab and nose. Dodge bed though. Chevys have big round rear fenders like the fronts.
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: Got This - 12/30/23 05:48 AM

Doggone, it's turns out that it isn't a perfect rendition.
Display it proudly...it's a nice gift.
© 2024 Moparts Forums