Moparts

Source for the latch bolts for a 1991 full size tailgate?

Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Source for the latch bolts for a 1991 full size tailgate? - 07/18/23 06:24 PM

Hello all,
My '91 W-350 came to me with a high top canopy. I did get the original tailgate with it & the lower pivots are still in place.

I found the folding support arms at Carlisle, but I still need the two top screw in latch anchors for the bedside tops.

Anyone know a source for these?

Thanks!
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: Source for the latch bolts for a 1991 full size tailgate? - 07/19/23 01:38 AM

Are you sure they screw in? As I recall they were made onto the panel and not serviceable. Just like the tailgate ones.

Re: Source for the latch bolts for a 1991 full size tailgate? - 07/19/23 10:59 AM

There are threaded holes where they were removed & can be removed / installed with a Torx bit.

Very similar to a door striker bolt on A, B, C & E-bodies.

Re: Source for the latch bolts for a 1991 full size tailgate? - 07/19/23 02:02 PM

My bad. I was thinking you needed the ones for the check arms. Maybe try to get the part numbers and see were that leads. Otherwise junk yard.

Re: Source for the latch bolts for a 1991 full size tailgate? - 07/19/23 02:10 PM

Used ones. Striker
Posted By: moparx

Re: Source for the latch bolts for a 1991 full size tailgate? - 07/19/23 03:38 PM

Barry, pm me. i "might" be able to get you a pair.
how far back do these bolts interchange ? possibly earlier than 1981 ?
beer

Re: Source for the latch bolts for a 1991 full size tailgate? - 07/19/23 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
Barry, pm me. i "might" be able to get you a pair.
how far back do these bolts interchange ? possibly earlier than 1981 ?
beer

No.
Posted By: Hugh Jorgan

Re: Source for the latch bolts for a 1991 full size tailgate? - 07/20/23 12:23 AM

NAPA? shruggy

Re: Source for the latch bolts for a 1991 full size tailgate? - 07/30/23 09:43 PM

I finally found a good used set. beer

The canopy on the truck had a door frame that took up the entire width of the tailgate opening, so the installer cut off the T head welded in studs the tailgate arms slip over. shock

I pulled two used brass toilet flange bolts out of the scrap pile, drilled & tapped the cutoff welds & they will work until I can find a better, stronger, permanent solution.

Attached picture toilet flange bolts.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums