Moparts

Used key fob

Posted By: BigTerry

Used key fob - 03/29/23 01:50 AM

Can I reprogram the used key fob to my truck.
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: Used key fob - 03/29/23 02:37 AM

What year, make and model?
Posted By: BigTerry

Re: Used key fob - 03/29/23 05:54 AM

Sorry it a 2010 1500 st 2wd
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: Used key fob - 03/29/23 02:39 PM

https://www.sanantoniododgechryslerjeepram.com/dodge-ram-key-fob/#

Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Used key fob - 03/29/23 04:40 PM

Some vehicles of that era had a WIN module recall performed; after the recall, key FOB's can't be programmed without a scanner.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Used key fob - 03/29/23 11:54 PM

Interesting. I wonder if this below process would work on a 2010 Charger. Probably not but I've never seen a process for a '10 Charger. Also, would this be the process for the fob in the ignition or another fob held in your hand? shruggy I guess a different one from one in ignition because it would difficult to press the required buttons.

How do I do Dodge Ram key fob reset?
Resetting your Dodge Ram key fob begins in the driver’s seat. Turn the key to position II, the “run” position to begin. Let all the startup lights and chimes finish before fully turning the fob to start your truck. Hold the “unlock” button on your key fob for 10 seconds until you hear silence. As you stop holding down the “unlock” button, press the “panic” button. You will hear an audible chime if you successfully pull off this transition. Simply press any button on the key fob, and the resetting process should conclude. There’s only one thing left to do now: exit your vehicle and give the reset key fob a try.
© 2024 Moparts Forums