Moparts

truck to van (or vise versa) AC vent swap?

Posted By: volaredon

truck to van (or vise versa) AC vent swap? - 04/08/22 10:37 PM

I'm working on adding "factory" AC to an 85 D150 that came without AC when new. I have an "A/C" Dash, the plenum, ductwork, etc. Actually now have 2 A/C dashes. but I am missing the louvered vents that snap into the face of the dash. The local junkyard has more B vans than 80s pickups, to pick from. And I also need the control head. Are these parts the same, between truck and van?
Posted By: trw1982

Re: truck to van (or vise versa) AC vent swap? - 04/08/22 11:19 PM

go to mopar parts giant and look for part numbers. they have listings from 1984 up for cars ,trucks, jeep and ram. easy as pie.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: truck to van (or vise versa) AC vent swap? - 04/08/22 11:41 PM

Yea, what he said. The odds are good the parts you need probably were used on a lot of different Mopar models, and even sister brands, over several years. Part numbers in hand and a list of vehicles to look for make things like this a lot easier.

Re: truck to van (or vise versa) AC vent swap? - 04/11/22 11:03 AM

Umm thanks
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: truck to van (or vise versa) AC vent swap? - 04/11/22 02:35 PM

Ebay has all kinds of them. Vent

Re: truck to van (or vise versa) AC vent swap? - 04/13/22 12:15 AM

Thanks, fortunately so does local boneyard,and definitely will be cheaper but thanks for the link. The ones in the link aren't as overpriced as some I've seen come up on EPay.

Re: truck to van (or vise versa) AC vent swap? - 06/30/22 10:40 PM

Found what I needed, local junkyard had a couple of these trucks with the vents left in place.
© 2024 Moparts Forums