Moparts

Purging 5.9 magnum fuel injectors?

Posted By: StrokerPost

Purging 5.9 magnum fuel injectors? - 05/12/21 05:34 PM

Going to be putting a 5.9 in storage indefinitely, I have experienced injectors on other engines that gum up and don't work after setting a long time, is there a way to purge the injectors before putting it away? Thanks
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Purging 5.9 magnum fuel injectors? - 05/12/21 06:42 PM

You can relieve the pressure from the fuel system by depressing the Schroder valve on the fuel rail (the place you would put a pressure gauge). Be aware that when you push in the pin on the valve, it will squirt some gas, have a rag ready.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Purging 5.9 magnum fuel injectors? - 05/13/21 12:33 AM

Injectors are pulse width modulated, if you hit them with a straight 12 volts you will burn them out pretty quick. I would remove the fuel rail and injectors and blow them out. Maybe squirt a little WD 40 in them.

Re: Purging 5.9 magnum fuel injectors? - 05/13/21 05:46 AM

Ok, thanks guys wave
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Purging 5.9 magnum fuel injectors? - 05/13/21 04:37 PM

If it is still in the vehicle I would pressurize the rails with shop air and crank it over with the fuel pump relay unplugged. The injectors will cycle while cranking and purge the fuel out of the rails, they should end up dry when done. You can also open them with a 9V battery and spray carb cleaner or something through them.

Re: Purging 5.9 magnum fuel injectors? - 05/14/21 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish
If it is still in the vehicle I would pressurize the rails with shop air and crank it over with the fuel pump relay unplugged. The injectors will cycle while cranking and purge the fuel out of the rails, they should end up dry when done. You can also open them with a 9V battery and spray carb cleaner or something through them.

Thanks for the additional input up
© 2024 Moparts Forums