Moparts

2nd Gen Ram Headlamps

Posted By: RTSrunner

2nd Gen Ram Headlamps - 04/17/21 03:07 PM

I am going to purchase new headlamp assemblies for my 1998 Ram 2500 using stock type lamps.Has anbody used the Dorman or TYC brands? Either one better or similar products? I know there are cheaper versions out there but read about weak plastic,etc. on some of the aftermarket stuff. Thanks for any input,RT
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: 2nd Gen Ram Headlamps - 04/17/21 11:14 PM

Whatever you use stick with name brand. I bought new headlights for my 1999 GMC and not only did they not fit right but the brackets were so flimsy you could see the lights shake just by whacking the bumper or fender with your hand. I didn't even leave them on there long enough to see how much bounce they had when you were actually driving.
Posted By: OrangeProwler

Re: 2nd Gen Ram Headlamps - 04/18/21 01:22 PM

Something to consider is maybe NOS Mopar ones? Or if you could restore yours or find some used ones to restore?
Posted By: Moparite

Re: 2nd Gen Ram Headlamps - 04/18/21 04:04 PM

https://www.am-autoparts.com/1998/Dodge/Ram-1500-Truck/headlights-lighting.html
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: 2nd Gen Ram Headlamps - 04/18/21 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by RTSrunner
I am going to purchase new headlamp assemblies for my 1998 Ram 2500 using stock type lamps.Has anbody used the Dorman or TYC brands? Either one better or similar products? I know there are cheaper versions out there but read about weak plastic,etc. on some of the aftermarket stuff. Thanks for any input,RT

Yes. Probably installed them +/- 5 years ago. I got mine from Rock Auto and they're fine. $100 for the pair.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/dodge,1998,ram+2500+pickup,5.9l+l6+diesel+turbocharged,1400162,body+&+lamp+assembly,headlamp+assembly,10762
Posted By: racerx

Re: 2nd Gen Ram Headlamps - 10/18/21 11:51 PM

Any personal experience with these? Not a bad price plus free shipping work

Oh and don't waste your time and money on the carid's complete junk down
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: 2nd Gen Ram Headlamps - 10/19/21 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by racerx

Any personal experience with these? Not a bad price plus free shipping work

Oh and don't waste your time and money on the carid's complete junk down

I wouldn't hesitate to buy those (if they're not made in China). Out of the 55 reviews 49 of the are "5's." The only "1" was shipping related and had nothing to do with the product. They seem to have a good warranty.

Re: 2nd Gen Ram Headlamps - 10/23/21 01:15 PM

Thanks Gents .......just place an order up
Posted By: U code RR

Re: 2nd Gen Ram Headlamps - 10/23/21 11:07 PM

Let us know how they turn out. Anyone who owns a 2nd gen Dodge truck is in the same boat as far as headlights.

Re: 2nd Gen Ram Headlamps - 10/24/21 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by U code RR
Let us know how they turn out. Anyone who owns a 2nd gen Dodge truck is in the same boat as far as headlights.

Will do up

Re: 2nd Gen Ram Headlamps - 10/28/21 01:19 AM

They came in today the box said made in Taiwan shruggy i haven't open the box yet we shall see.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: 2nd Gen Ram Headlamps - 11/10/21 01:50 PM

https://www.nilight.com/products/ni...-jeep-cabin-boat-suv-truck-vehicles-atvs

Put these in your lower bumper opening…. I wired mine into my fog lamp circuit. Total game changer for the crap lighting on a gen2. Mine are 4 years and still going strong. Bought an extra set just in case they go discontinued or something…. I like them that much!

Re: 2nd Gen Ram Headlamps - 11/10/21 04:05 PM

I have the led's that mount in the stock location on the Ram with halo's built in , they look nice if you were into car shows that type of thing but were no brighter than the stock lamp setup. Actually there were crap. They were built poorly . I already have a light bar on the bumper works pretty well up.
© 2024 Moparts Forums