Moparts

Ramcharger heater core

Posted By: Hath1

Ramcharger heater core - 10/23/20 09:35 PM

Which 1974-81 Ramcharger heater cores are no longer produced? From what I can gather, they no longer produce the heater cores for the air conditioned Ramchargers and Traildusters. Does this sound right? Also, does someone have a picture of these heater cores? Are people making their own by modifying a different model? Do you have an old crappy one you'd sell me?
Posted By: OrangeProwler

Re: Ramcharger heater core - 10/23/20 09:53 PM

That sounds right. I haven't seen a reproduction heater core yet for an A/C application unless I'm not looking hard enough. I think there is 1981-1993? or the later year trucks but, not the 72-80 trucks for an factory replacement A/C application heater core.
Posted By: crowbait

Re: Ramcharger heater core - 10/24/20 03:11 AM

I am having one rebuilt. How is your tanks?
Posted By: B1Frank

Re: Ramcharger heater core - 10/31/20 03:36 PM

I also had mine rebuilt,....heater core/ and rad,.....one shot.

Attached picture bubs macho truck #3.jpg
Posted By: 440_Offroader

Re: Ramcharger heater core - 10/31/20 07:39 PM

Irrelevant to the topic, but that engine compartment sure looks nice!
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Ramcharger heater core - 11/01/20 06:49 PM

The heater cores for non ac ones were available a few years ago. I got one for mine and it was something like $40. Then they got hard to get shortly after. It fit but I had to notch some of the moons in the metal plate to get around the heater box screws because the pre punched ones didn't match up.

I've had to get several heater cores rebuilt because the aftermarket replacements didn't fit properly. Same with Rads. They've gone to the plastic tanks now. Some cars they really did a good job and the tank matches the look of the original and others like a lot of the mopar ones the tank is some generic shape and looks horrible when they;re right in your face when you pop the hood so I've had the originals of those rebuilt too.
Posted By: B1Frank

Re: Ramcharger heater core - 11/02/20 04:18 PM

thanks on the message , and that is a A/C unit, that was a bear ! lol
Posted By: crowbait

Re: Ramcharger heater core - 11/29/20 10:27 PM

Hey Hath!

I got mine back from the rebuilders and have 1 left that needs recored. You still looking for one? $225 to have mine rebuilt locally.
© 2024 Moparts Forums