Moparts

ANyone have a lean on D250 wiper arms?

Posted By: feets

ANyone have a lean on D250 wiper arms? - 05/15/20 02:36 PM

I broke a wiper arm on my 1992 D250 and having a bit of trouble finding a new one. Does anyone have a lead on new replacements?
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: ANyone have a lean on D250 wiper arms? - 05/15/20 10:29 PM

I used arms off an 85 Ford pickup on mine. Had to tweak them just a bit to sit level in park but they fit and work. Bonus is they are J hook style so a modern 18" blade works just fine. I think you can still buy them new from Dorman but I got them from the pick a part yard.

As an aside how did you break a wiper arm? Another Dr Pepper incident?
Posted By: ruderunner

Re: ANyone have a lean on D250 wiper arms? - 05/17/20 12:23 PM

Iirc they are the same as arms for a similar vintage Caravan.
Posted By: basketcase

Re: ANyone have a lean on D250 wiper arms? - 05/17/20 01:18 PM

I should have a couple. Let me know if you need one. Join one of the many Dodge Truck Face Book pages...tons of trucks and parts for sale all over the country for the '72-'93 D/W Trucks.

Re: ANyone have a lean on D250 wiper arms? - 05/18/20 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by ruderunner
Iirc they are the same as arms for a similar vintage Caravan.

I don't think so.
Posted By: hooziewhatsit

Re: ANyone have a lean on D250 wiper arms? - 05/18/20 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
I used arms off an 85 Ford pickup on mine. Had to tweak them just a bit to sit level in park but they fit and work. Bonus is they are J hook style so a modern 18" blade works just fine. I think you can still buy them new from Dorman but I got them from the pick a part yard.

Something like this?
rockauto ford f150 wiper arm

My 72 W200 has the pretty crappy flat wiper arms with the tiny nub to hold them on. One wiper is already getting loose and floppy rolleyes

I have similar to this rockauto dodge wiper arm

Re: ANyone have a lean on D250 wiper arms? - 05/19/20 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by hooziewhatsit

Something like this?

My 72 W200 has the pretty crappy flat wiper arms with the tiny nub to hold them on. One wiper is already getting loose and floppy rolleyes

No, must have been a 95 F150. That shows the two different styles. Sorry it's been awhile since I got them.
Posted By: hooziewhatsit

Re: ANyone have a lean on D250 wiper arms? - 05/19/20 04:01 PM

Something like this?

No, must have been a 95 F150. That shows the two different styles. Sorry it's been awhile since I got them.

A 95 F150 does show a J Hook style. 95 f250 DORMAN 42631

up

I guess I'm just impressed that the splines match between everything laugh2

Re: ANyone have a lean on D250 wiper arms? - 05/19/20 06:02 PM

Something like this?

A 95 F150 does show a J Hook style. 95 f250 DORMAN 42631

up

I guess I'm just impressed that the splines match between everything laugh2

Actually when I researched wiper arm pivot styles I found that there are really only four styles of attatchment.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: ANyone have a lean on D250 wiper arms? - 05/19/20 08:06 PM

Mine are paid off

Re: ANyone have a lean on D250 wiper arms? - 05/19/20 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Mine are paid off

laugh2 So are mine!
I didn't bust his chops over the misspelling, I figured he did it on a phone or tablet that likes to change words you type because IT thinks you are stupid. I bust his chops enough over other stuff anyway. laugh2 But he's an alright guy.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: ANyone have a lean on D250 wiper arms? - 05/20/20 03:38 PM

I was just having fun. laugh No offense intended!
© 2024 Moparts Forums