Moparts

EFI to Carb swap

Posted By: LowDeck451

EFI to Carb swap - 04/26/20 04:05 PM

Planning to swap a Magnum motor into my ‘74 D100 and was wondering if a later model (late ‘80s/early ‘90s) tank and fuel pump could be used and regulated down to the 6ish psi for a carb. Reasons for this are I’d like to keep the Magnum serpentine belt setup and (the real reason) I’m hearing a lot about aftermarket electric fuel pump failures in daily driver use, compared to factory pumps lasting pretty much forever (293k on the original pump in my 2000 Ram 1500) and quiet too. Appreciate any feedback or experience. Thanks!
Posted By: poorboy

Re: EFI to Carb swap - 04/27/20 02:48 AM

You will want an aftermarket fuel pressure reducer with a return line that can have the pressure turned down low enough for the carb, but your going to have to add a fuel return line from the regulator to the fuel tank, if you don't already have a return line. Gene
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: EFI to Carb swap - 04/28/20 04:29 PM

If you are going carbed and have a/c, you will just about have to use the Edelbrock Magnum intake. From what I have read, the Crosswind is a major PITA to use the Magnum a/c compressor and mount on.

Tim

Re: EFI to Carb swap - 04/28/20 05:09 PM

I do have ac and hoping to run the Magnum ac setup. I was able to score an Edelbrock Magnum Airgap pretty cheap. Once I get a factory serpentine setup I’ll stare and compare. One concern is clearance between the thermostat housing and ac compressor but, don’t know yet. Thanks.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: EFI to Carb swap - 04/28/20 06:26 PM

Why don't you want to keep the magnum injection?

Re: EFI to Carb swap - 04/29/20 04:38 AM

Staying away from computer controlled stuff for now.
© 2024 Moparts Forums