Moparts

Ecodiesel

Posted By: a493demon

Ecodiesel - 04/19/20 08:43 PM

How are the ecodiesel's holding up ?
Are they worth getting or any major issues with them ?
Thanks for any input.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Ecodiesel - 04/19/20 09:30 PM

We’ve replaced 16 engines at work since they came out..... I find them to be a [censored] to work on and it’s near the top of my personal “s**t I wouldn’t own” list. Good new is that some of the EGR cooler recall parts are finally trickling out so you can buy a BRAND NEW 2018 pickup for 10k+ under invoice!!!
Posted By: Michael

Re: Ecodiesel - 04/19/20 11:12 PM

If you need a diesel, go with a Cummins.
Posted By: a493demon

Re: Ecodiesel - 04/20/20 08:16 PM

Ok thanks for the heads up .
I have a cummins I was just looking for a newer 1500 for a daily driver
Posted By: hemi70se

Re: Ecodiesel - 04/25/20 01:48 PM

x2 what Jbody said! I bought a 22k mile one with a rod knock to fix. Turns out the that the reason it had the rod knock was because it had the oil changed at the Toyota dealership where it was traded in. The beginner tech that did the oil change did not know that it was necessary to let the truck sit for 20? minutes after pouring in the new oil . He must have done it quickly and lost the oil prime and damaged the motor.
I replaced the motor in my shop and it is nightmare of a motor to work on! a maze of hoses and lines everywhere, turbo on the back of the motor nearly inaccessible. My motor only had 22k miles and the intake was so choked up with soot already I had to scrape it out. You will also see tons of these at the insurance auctions that are burnt on the front from engine fires. I'm sure it has to do with the EGR system getting too hot.
I will never own one again! There are a few that have had a good experience with them but those are the traveling salesman type that drive the crap out of them, keeping them at operating temp for hours and hours on the freeway so the EGR stays cleaner
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Ecodiesel - 04/28/20 11:28 PM

There is a 2105 I was checking out at the dealer that sold me my Hemi truck. It looks really nice and it has 135K miles. One owner and had all the maintenance done at this dealership They want $23900 for it but I have heard too many stories and they just don't tow enough weight!
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Ecodiesel - 05/02/20 03:11 AM

Turbo replacement: step 1 “see body removal” laugh2 ....that’s no joke!

Egr fires.... egr cooler cracks apparently creating a chemical cocktail that can ignite in the intake.... cool stuff!

We’ve only seen 1 and the insurance co came and took it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums