Moparts

Front leaf upper shackle bushing(frame)

Posted By: B1MAXX

Front leaf upper shackle bushing(frame) - 03/28/20 02:11 PM

I have an 88 w100, got some new leaves but I cant seem to tell if there are replacements for the frame side bushings on thr front leaf rear shackle would like to replace them at the same time. I have searched this on google but It has confused me even more. I'm tired of tripping over the springs and want to get these installed but need to get the upper bushings first. Does anyone know part numbers or sources for these? Thanks! up
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Front leaf upper shackle bushing(frame) - 03/28/20 02:55 PM

Check the places that make poly bushings, they seem to be better at having bushings available for the different spots.

When I bought my new springs from a local shop they had a rack full of new bushings like how most shops have racks of nuts and bolts and they grabbed all the ones that you'd want to replace when it's apart.

Re: Front leaf upper shackle bushing(frame) - 03/28/20 03:56 PM

I checked energy suspension, prothane. I couldn't find a listing for it. shruggy
Posted By: 440_Offroader

Re: Front leaf upper shackle bushing(frame) - 03/28/20 05:13 PM

You could always go with these. I've put these on a couple 4x4s.
https://ramchargercentral.com/jungleshddodgecomponents/front-spring-hd-frame-bushing-kits/

Re: Front leaf upper shackle bushing(frame) - 03/28/20 06:55 PM

Thanks for the info but I was hoping to replace the bushings...Is that correct that that kit is 307+$ shock
Posted By: redraptor

Re: Front leaf upper shackle bushing(frame) - 03/29/20 11:36 AM

I agree with 5thAve, local sprimg shop can help. Also if price and or availability is an issue some chevy bushings can work. I did this for the rear shackles on my LRE. Very similar.

Re: Front leaf upper shackle bushing(frame) - 03/29/20 02:12 PM

I guess then then consensus is there is no replacement bushing available to the general public for these trucks and I'll have to do what I was afraid of tear it down then wonder around to spring shops (none local) to find a rubber bushing (which I am sure aren't custom made for them).
Posted By: 440_Offroader

Re: Front leaf upper shackle bushing(frame) - 03/29/20 04:37 PM

When you have them out, measure up the dimensions. There has to be something that would fit. You would think, dodge would have used the same size bushings in other applications. There are many generic bushing sizes out there as well.
Posted By: BIGHOOK

Re: Front leaf upper shackle bushing(frame) - 03/29/20 04:47 PM

You could try the local Dodge Dealer. Some first gen parts are surprising still available.

Or these guys: https://www.lmctruck.com/1972-93-dodge/suspension-front-rear/dc-1972-93-front-suspension-4wd
Posted By: mopeman

Re: Front leaf upper shackle bushing(frame) - 04/01/20 01:41 AM

Yup, call around to the spring shops. If my local guys can get the bushings for my '75 D600, they can get them for a W100.

My local (45 miles away) spring shop is Boise Spring Works 208-377-1157 or 800-585-5332.

Re: Front leaf upper shackle bushing(frame) - 04/01/20 01:59 AM

I did what I didn't want to do, but they actually looked ok, so I left them untouched.
Posted By: jerseybud

Re: Front leaf upper shackle bushing(frame) - 04/01/20 06:36 PM

part number is 2653700

I have 4 of these trucks and while you can fit some poly energy suspension type bushings in the old hole once the sleeve is removed, there is nothing like the factory bushings availalbe.

Re: Front leaf upper shackle bushing(frame) - 04/02/20 04:04 PM

Thanks...so they are n/a.
Posted By: shanker

Re: Front leaf upper shackle bushing(frame) - 04/03/20 12:52 PM

those Jungle's hangers are worth it.

I have is front leaf spring hanger shackle kit and both of his rear leaf spring hangers with rear shackle flip on a 74 Ramcharger using 56" springs in the rear.

Re: Front leaf upper shackle bushing(frame) - 04/16/20 04:10 PM

just an update... This truck drives so much better now up I would have never thought that new front leaf springs would have done this much to stop the front end wander.
Posted By: redraptor

Re: Front leaf upper shackle bushing(frame) - 04/17/20 11:03 AM

Cool! dakota
© 2024 Moparts Forums