Moparts

B-Van K-frame interchange

Posted By: RTSrunner

B-Van K-frame interchange - 07/12/19 02:06 AM

Does anyone have any experience with the compatability of the K frames for 1994/1997 vs the 1998/2003 Dodge B series vans? I am curious if they changed when the front end sheet metal changed and the seats moved back. I think not,but I don't have any parts books to compare.I will be dismantling one from each era and will report back regardless!
Thanks,RT
Posted By: poorboy

Re: B-Van K-frame interchange - 07/12/19 03:02 AM

I think they are different, or Mopar made the more recent frames out of poorer quality material. I've seen a lot more of the 98-2003 frames rot out around the steering box mounting location then the 94-97 ever had. Since the difference seemed to follow the body change, I assumed they modified the frame in a way that caused it to rot out faster. I never had the opportunity to look at both era frames at the same time. Gene
Posted By: RTSrunner

Re: B-Van K-frame interchange - 07/12/19 03:13 AM

Thanks Gene,the steering boxes are on the welded in longitudinal rails.My concernis with the bolt-in section for engine and suspension mounting(,like the K-frames of the earlier cars).But yu are correct,the steering boxes do rust /crack off the rail.Such is the case with two parts vans I have!
RT
© 2024 Moparts Forums