Moparts

AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced

Posted By: demon

AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 05/13/19 01:12 PM

Auto Metal Direct has a poll on their Facebook page.
They are asking customers what parts we would like them to make.
Go to their page, vote, and add a comment about what parts you would like.
I feel that 72-80 and 81-93 Didge trucks are very much needed.
I'd like to see:
72-80 regular cabs roof skins.
81-93 regular cab roof skins.
72-93 regular cab inner roof skins.
72-80 box sides. Long and short. Edit: and 74-80 Ramcharger.
81-93 box sides. Long and short. Edit nd 81-93 Ramchrger-even a skin from the window down.
72-93 full one piece cab floors. ( several different versions were used, but the small hump automatic floor would be a good version to start with).
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 05/13/19 02:25 PM

66-67 B-body quarters and door skins too!
Posted By: kzinge1

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 05/13/19 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by RUNCHARGER

THIS!!!!
Posted By: Little Detroit

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 05/13/19 04:28 PM

1968 coronet deck lids
1969 coronet deck lids
1969 road runner deck lids and 1970 coronet front fenders !
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 05/13/19 10:18 PM

Don't need anymore darn car parts, we need ALL the truck parts they can make! Stepside sides and fenders, tail gates and fronts. I know they are made but we need them cheaper! Stepside steps also.
Posted By: BIGGERED

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 05/13/19 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Don't need anymore darn car parts, we need ALL the truck parts they can make! Stepside sides and fenders, tail gates and fronts. I know they are made but we need them cheaper! Stepside steps also.

The Mar-k items are nice and reasonably priced.

My experience is truck people are cchheap!

I’ve had step side steps listed off and on, Lil Red, standard painted and NOS and people think they’re 50$ items. Those parts were scarce thirty years ago.

Bruce Horkey had repop steps and owned the dies but my understanding is minimum runs took to long to sell.
I reached out to them a couple of times to buy the dies but no response. I have associates with presses that would knock em out in low quantities.

My hope is they would concentrate on parts not currently available.

My three cents.

Red
Posted By: kenworth_goose

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 05/13/19 10:54 PM

72-80 and 81-93 cabs! And all panels!
Posted By: 73cuda340

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 05/13/19 11:02 PM

81-93 regular cab roof skins and 81-93 full bed sides
Posted By: nuthinbutmopar

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 05/15/19 01:14 AM

Where on their site are these questions?
Posted By: demon

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 05/16/19 01:41 PM

It is a poll on their Facebook page. Vote and add Comments
Posted By: V10nacuda

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 05/17/19 02:33 AM

Im voting bed sides 72-80 and 81-93
Posted By: ply426

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 08/19/19 11:01 AM

72-80 truck fenders!
Posted By: d-150

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 08/19/19 12:03 PM

Roof skin 72 80
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 08/21/19 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by RUNCHARGER

Absolutely. Plymouth two-dr to start with.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 08/21/19 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by d-150
Roof skin 72 80

DEFINITELY 72-80 roof skins!!!
Posted By: moparmatt

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 03/13/20 01:14 AM

77-78 Grille and i have a nice core they can model from!!
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 03/13/20 03:10 AM

70-71 Duster full quarter panels! stirthepot whistling
Posted By: kingdragon

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 03/13/20 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by JDMopar

70-71 Duster Demon full quarters! Thats a great idea. They made 200k of these cars and its been the first mopar for many of us.
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 03/13/20 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by moparmatt

Also 79-80 grille.
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 03/15/20 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by kingdragon
Originally Posted by JDMopar

70-71 Duster Demon full quarters! Thats a great idea. They made 200k of these cars and its been the first mopar for many of us.

I think so too, but was really just making a dig about AMD cancelling production of those very panels. They have made them for several years, and just recently canceled them, along with other A body and early B body panels and parts. I'll take anything they make for 72-93 Dodge trucks though!
Posted By: basketcase

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 03/15/20 02:10 PM

'72-'93 D/W truck full floors,cab roofs.rockers,cab mounts,Utiline bed sides,fenders,tail gates,crossmembers for the bed,regular tailgates,fenders,full bed sides,'68 & '69 road runner trunk lids, '68 Coronet trunk lids
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 03/15/20 02:16 PM

AMD cancelling parts for the early B-bodies and now they are considering making parts for another market? Not optimistic here. And this from an owner of a '72 W200.
Posted By: rbkt65

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 03/15/20 07:29 PM

they are showing new stuff weekly for ford/gm
Posted By: abodyjoe

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 03/18/20 01:10 AM

78 and 79 fenders, doors, regular bed sides, step side sides and fenders. front bumpers, new plastic gas tanks.
Posted By: hp383

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 03/18/20 05:49 PM

How about 1/4 panels for 74-80 and 81-93 Ramchargers

To my knowledge no one is currently offering them, and it takes a lot of work to make a truck 1/4 fit, not to mention relocation of the gas fill location.

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 03/18/20 08:39 PM

I'm not a facebooker.

I don't understand suggesting products other company is already producing. Yes, I know you want the price lower with more competition, but how about a product that is not manufactured now! Were dying for roof skins out here! Trucks are being parted out because there aren't roof skins for them. You can already get door skins, bed skins, cab corners, and other patch panels.
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 03/19/20 12:35 AM

Just throwing this out there, but this original post is from May 2019, nearly a year old. I don't think this poll is live anymore.
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 03/19/20 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
I'm not a facebooker.

I don't understand suggesting products other company is already producing. Yes, I know you want the price lower with more competition, but how about a product that is not manufactured now! Were dying for roof skins out here! Trucks are being parted out because there aren't roof skins for them. You can already get door skins, bed skins, cab corners, and other patch panels.

And fenders and at least one point doors...

Now bring on the cargo lenses, proper metal step side fenders and steps which seem rare and expensive even when runs are made. Don't know if the 79/80 core supports are around either but at least those are mostly hidden so more forgiven to being patched up.
Posted By: Uberpube

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 03/20/20 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by moparmatt

This +100...
And Ramcharger roof gaskets, maybe 70's truck dash parts.
Posted By: Little Detroit

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 03/20/20 12:46 PM

ramcharger 1/4's ,floors,rear wheel houses, crew cab roof skins 72-85, crewcab floors.b post, bath tub hoods , 77-79 truck grilles, roof skins 72 -85. the list goes on all of those are in large demand but doubt they act on it anytime soon

Re: AMD wants to know what parts we would like to see reproduced - 03/21/20 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by 5thAve
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
I'm not a facebooker.

And fenders and at least one point doors...

Now bring on the cargo lenses, proper metal step side fenders and steps which seem rare and expensive even when runs are made. Don't know if the 79/80 core supports are around either but at least those are mostly hidden so more forgiven to being patched up.
YES! Cargo lenses!
© 2024 Moparts Forums