Moparts

09 Ram HVAC noise

Posted By: TC@HP2

09 Ram HVAC noise - 05/06/19 02:38 PM

My '09 has recently starting making an intermittent clicking sound in the heater box area. It only occurs at start up and only lasts for 7-8 seconds. It is not every time at start up either, only occasionally. Haven't noticed it to be consistent with outside temps either. Any suggestions on things to check?
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: 09 Ram HVAC noise - 05/06/19 04:22 PM

I don`t know about your truck but my daughters Avenger the actuator was bad and making a clicking noise on the right side of the dash.
Posted By: BIGHOOK

Re: 09 Ram HVAC noise - 05/06/19 05:58 PM

Heater Blend Door Actuator/Motor. Will exhibit a clicking noise when failing, usually at start-up or when adjusting heater-A/C controls.

Not difficult to replace. Access behind glove box and/or under the dash. Each blend door has it's own actuator and has an OEM part number molded or printed on it and are attached with 3 or 4 screws. You'll need the correct part number. Just have to pinpoint which one is failing. They're about the size of a wallet.

Rock Auto or Ebay have plenty of them. $20-30, Dodge Dealer is more.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: 09 Ram HVAC noise - 05/06/19 10:53 PM

check rock auto. they sells mopar parts at discounted prices. you should be able to get it for around $30 or so.
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: 09 Ram HVAC noise - 05/07/19 01:24 PM

Great, thanks!
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: 09 Ram HVAC noise - 05/07/19 06:14 PM

Yep, he has steered you right. I've replaced several in a few brands. Can be a PITA depending on which one. You should have one that opens and closes the fresh air versus recirculate, one for directing where air is coming out (dash vents, defrost, etc.), one for temperature adjusting (cooler or warmer), and an additional if you have dual zone climate control. I did one in a friends Chebby Impale-ya that wasn't fun. I also did all of them in my 2010 Charger. I only needed one but decided to do them all at once since I was doing the one anyway. Skinny arms definitely help on a couple.

Youtube is definitely your friend on this repair. Good luck. Hope it's one of the easier to get to ones.
Posted By: SALEM1912

Re: 09 Ram HVAC noise - 05/28/19 02:45 AM

If you hear a t start up it maybe the recirc door. I is designed to open to outside air when you shut the truck off. Helps keep evap dry. You can see it from behind glove box. Sometimes the door breaks off and lays on top of inlet.
© 2024 Moparts Forums