Moparts

76 d100 gas tank filler neck replacement

Posted By: 76_d100

76 d100 gas tank filler neck replacement - 12/10/18 04:22 AM

just dropped and cleaned the tank on my truck and it would appear the tanks never been down or cleaned so all of the original hoses are super dry rotten replacing the fuel line from the sending unit and the vent tube should be no problem just some regular rubber hose. but I believe I could just go to napa and get a straight piece of gas tank filler hose but im not sure if kinking it to fit would cause problems. does anyone know of any place that makes a reproduction filler hose with the correct degree bend in it or I see the website fillernecksupply.com makes hoses that come in various degrees of bend if I go and order through them does anyone have any idea what degree bend to go with cheers
Posted By: Exit1965

Re: 76 d100 gas tank filler neck replacement - 12/13/18 04:25 PM

You can check LMC truck, but I'm not sure if they have for that year.

Which filler neck is that -- the one from behind the driver's door area?

On my 73 d200 I just made something recently to replace that filler tube. I got about 8" of the 2" fuel tube from Carquest, and used two 90 degree 2" exhaust bends from Autozone. Finally, one 1 1/4" iron 90 degree pipe from lowes. Cobbled it together with pipe clamps and welding the exhaust bends together, and it works great. If helpful I can take a pic.
© 2024 Moparts Forums