Moparts

2011 RAM 5.7 hesitation from stop to full throttle

Posted By: 68LAR

2011 RAM 5.7 hesitation from stop to full throttle - 10/24/18 07:44 PM

I sure that this has been addressed, but I don't get to this part of the forums very often, so please bare with me. I have a low mileage 2011 4 X 4 Ram with a 5.7. It runs great. Good gas mileage, good performance. Only issue that I have and have had since I bought it new, is the throttle response from a dead idle to full throttle. Very bad lag or dead spot. If I load the converter a bit it will take off pretty good. Any suggestions???
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: 2011 RAM 5.7 hesitation from stop to full throttle - 10/24/18 09:27 PM

My 2015 has drive by wire and it sucks. There is a cheater box you can buy to help the problem, but I want a CABLE! rant Google Peddle Commander and be prepared to spend close to $400... frown

Re: 2011 RAM 5.7 hesitation from stop to full throttle - 10/24/18 11:42 PM

So this is the only option????? There isn't any adjustment that I can do without buying something??? That sux...
Posted By: stumpy

Re: 2011 RAM 5.7 hesitation from stop to full throttle - 10/25/18 05:58 PM

No adjustment. Just the nature of the beast. The hypertech interceptor comes with a throttle control upgrade that cures that issue and gives you a few more hp. http://www.hypertech.com/Interceptor.aspx
Posted By: BleedDodge

Re: 2011 RAM 5.7 hesitation from stop to full throttle - 10/26/18 08:51 AM

I put a sprint booster in my 2010 hemi truck, same idea as a pedal commander just different brand and about the same cost. Solved the delay when you step on the pedal, makes it drive similar to an old truck. Touch the pedal and it goes.
Posted By: sportfury70

Re: 2011 RAM 5.7 hesitation from stop to full throttle - 10/26/18 12:45 PM

My 2011 doesn't have a delay in gas pedal.
Now my 2014 T&C on the other hand- you dont want to pull out in front of somebody in that thing. Terrible lag. I can give the pedal a quick "blip" & the engine rpms wont even raise.

Re: 2011 RAM 5.7 hesitation from stop to full throttle - 10/26/18 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By sportfury70
My 2011 doesn't have a delay in gas pedal.
Now my 2014 T&C on the other hand- you dont want to pull out in front of somebody in that thing. Terrible lag. I can give the pedal a quick "blip" & the engine rpms wont even raise.

If I drive mine normally, as I do 99.9% of the time, you would never think that there was anything wrong. That .1% when I'm at a stop light and punch it from an idle is when there is a dead spot. If I load the converter a bit ( a few rpm above idle), the engine responds normally. I've lived with it for the past 7 years. Maybe I'll continue to just live with it??? I really don't want to spend money on something that I will use one time and not need anymore.. Thanks for all the replies..
© 2024 Moparts Forums