Moparts

Congrats 4x4 Roundup

Posted By: adventurer

Congrats 4x4 Roundup - 07/19/17 05:48 AM

In case you missed this truck at Carlisle. Congrats to Mike (aka 4x4 Roundup) and Jo Ann for getting their restoration on their 79 Warlock II 4x4 sunroof truck finished. I know it was a long time coming but the wait was worth it. The truck looks great. A very high level restoration on a very rare truck. They also got a very well deserved 1st place in the Lil Red & Warlock class. Congrats.

Attached picture DSCF1361.JPG
Attached picture mikes.jpg
Attached picture mikestruck.jpg
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Congrats 4x4 Roundup - 07/19/17 06:02 PM

Oh my goodness. That is nice. drool More photos please!

I would have gladly donated a set of small mirrors, though.... blush
Posted By: buildanother

Re: Congrats 4x4 Roundup - 07/19/17 07:04 PM

That does look nice. Mine was black with a couple different options 79 4x4 too and I had those mirrors which helped for towing. I hope the Wranglers had better manners than the Tracker a/t's.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Congrats 4x4 Roundup - 07/20/17 11:11 PM

That is sweet. Congrats to them!
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Congrats 4x4 Roundup - 07/21/17 01:10 AM

Beautiful!!!!
Posted By: T2R9

Re: Congrats 4x4 Roundup - 07/21/17 01:18 AM

Nicest truck at Carlisle. I was tickled to see a truck with a correct sun roof. Took several pictures of it so I know how my sun roof should look.
Posted By: 4x4 Roundup

Re: Congrats 4x4 Roundup - 08/16/17 04:42 AM

Thanks to Larry for posting, and thanks for the kind words of those responding here. Many people contributed to this restoration, one notable from CA., several of the guys here in TN of the Music City Mopar Club, Stacy David of the GEARZ TV show for the completely unused Tracker AT to give it a factory correct spare tire, Larry & Earline aka (Adventurer) for a fine job on the equipment label, moral support, and help booming it down in the trailer for the long ride back to TN. The biggest thanks go to Ric, Barry, and all of their associates just up the road from Carlisle in the Lebanon-Myerstown area where the heavy restoration work was performed. up primer
Posted By: 77ProStreet

Re: Congrats 4x4 Roundup - 08/20/17 10:37 PM

Very nice!

Re: Congrats 4x4 Roundup - 03/16/18 02:58 AM

Ran across some of the "before" pics. wrench

Attached picture 2013 Pictures 434 (Medium).jpg
Attached picture 0406131105a (Medium).jpg
Attached picture 0406131204a (Medium).jpg
Posted By: 70Duster440

Re: Congrats 4x4 Roundup - 03/16/18 03:03 AM

Nice - congratulations! Your hard work paid off!
Posted By: basketcase

Re: Congrats 4x4 Roundup - 03/16/18 05:46 AM

Man that is a sweet truck!! way better looking than the new trucks.
Posted By: MuscleMopars

Re: Congrats 4x4 Roundup - 03/16/18 09:17 PM

Your truck turned out very nice!

Re: Congrats 4x4 Roundup - 03/17/18 06:34 AM

Originally Posted By basketcase
Oh man you ain't kidding!!

Wonder if he's ready to sell it to one of us now grin

Re: Congrats 4x4 Roundup - 03/17/18 05:34 PM

I took a lot of pictures of it at Carlisle. Beautiful!

Can I ask what was used to replace the large inner seal of the sky-lite? The one that covers up the attachment clips. I am restoring mine right now and am having a tough time finding a seal that matches up.

Re: Congrats 4x4 Roundup - 03/18/18 04:00 AM

Originally Posted By larrymopar360

Thanks for the kind words...when asked about selling my response is always "it cannot be sold, too much money in it". I had to quit counting the $ to allow it to be finished. Now I fool myself by thinking there is not really a loss as long as I keep it. work

Re: Congrats 4x4 Roundup - 03/18/18 04:56 AM

Originally Posted By T2R9

Can I ask what was used to replace the large inner seal of the sky-lite? The one that covers up the attachment clips. I am restoring mine right now and am having a tough time finding a seal that matches up.

Thanks! I think I talked to you at Carlisle?

That inner seal is a nos part which is obviously very hard to find. I lucked up on it thru a friend in CA. There are a few parts that it takes time, persistence, and luck to find. The '79 Power Wagon emblems, and the "nerf strips" on the bumpers on that Warlock were very hard to come by. wave

Re: Congrats 4x4 Roundup - 03/18/18 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By 4x4 Roundup

That inner seal is a nos part which is obviously very hard to find. I lucked up on it thru a friend in CA. There are a few parts that it takes time, persistence, and luck to find. The '79 Power Wagon emblems, and the "nerf strips" on the bumpers on that Warlock were very hard to come by. wave

Hey T2R9
Here's some good info. to have...too bad they are long gone out of business. : frown

Attached File

Re: Congrats 4x4 Roundup - 03/18/18 09:19 PM

Hey T2R9
Here's some good info. to have...too bad they are long gone out of business. : frown

Thanks for that!
I was not able to talk to you at Carlisle as you weren't around when I was looking at your truck.

I was able to get NOS latches, bayonets, retainers, and a handle and I matched up the glass seal with a Steel rubber product. Now just the elusive inner seal which should be 109 on that diagram without a headliner.

Re: Congrats 4x4 Roundup - 03/18/18 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By larrymopar360

Thanks for the kind words...when asked about selling my response is always "it cannot be sold, too much money in it". I had to quit counting the $ to allow it to be finished. Now I fool myself by thinking there is not really a loss as long as I keep it. work
Lol, I know the feeling of putting more money into something than you want to think about. This truck was worth every bit you put into it though.
Posted By: Tones21

Re: Congrats 4x4 Roundup - 03/19/18 03:05 PM

Your truck looks awesome!

Re: Congrats 4x4 Roundup - 03/20/18 08:51 PM

Hey T2R9

Thanks for that!
I was not able to talk to you at Carlisle as you weren't around when I was looking at your truck.

I was able to get NOS latches, bayonets, retainers, and a handle and I matched up the glass seal with a Steel rubber product. Now just the elusive inner seal which should be 109 on that diagram without a headliner.

Here's the page from the 78-81 Dodge Truck Parts Book for the Wisco Sunroof if it will help you. I think Wisco was dropped during or at the end of M/Y '79.

Attached picture DSCN3424 (Medium).JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums