Moparts

yet another header question.

Posted By: blaze

yet another header question. - 11/27/16 06:52 PM

Which make/model of header will allow me to use the factory exhaust manifold studs without denting the tubes for clearance. This is for a BB D-300. Thank-you
Posted By: Blown_Hemi

Re: yet another header question. - 11/28/16 06:09 PM

I used Hooker Super Comps on my 440 Ramcharger.
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: yet another header question. - 11/29/16 05:03 PM

I have hedman 79250 headers on my 88-440 truck

mine has all 12 stock studs, I did clean up holes while heads were on bench.

what I found was I had been putting the gasket on upside down. a machined groove across head would not let the gasket sit flat on the head around the ports. once I found that I have had no leaks at the header flange. lower collector is a ball/cone so no gaskets there.

I have the plug wire run/loomed behind the tubes with no issues. I do have heat socks on them for added protection. all 90* plug boots. same routing a 78 BB MH used with 2 center dump manifolds.

IIRC these are the same as the Bouchillon BB truck swap headers for 72-87 D series chassis.

D300 is a big open truck chassis with a solid front axle/leaf spring correct?

these headers tuck up nice and don't hang low in the chassis which is a plus sometimes.
Posted By: CTD5.9

Re: yet another header question. - 11/29/16 05:22 PM

I have hedman 79250 on my truck as well, they work and fit. I had to ceramic accel spark plug them BUT I pack my engine bay full of insulation to keep the mud out, there are some heat issues.

Blown Hemi - is yours a 4wd? I need bigger headers on mine, the only option I have found is the mad dog fenderwells. I always hear rumors of certain B body ones fitting but have never seen it.

Re: yet another header question. - 11/29/16 05:30 PM

I have seen 68-69 BB headers in a d-series chassis. have to trim the top edge of frame rail a tad to clear some of the tubes. but bolt in there.
Posted By: blaze

Re: yet another header question. - 11/30/16 12:35 PM

D300 is a big open truck chassis with a solid front axle/leaf spring correct?

my fault, I didn't mention that this is a '75 D-300. Coil spring A-arm style set-up. Thank-you for the replies

Re: yet another header question. - 11/30/16 02:01 PM

I'm sure the hedman 79250 B-RB will fit the bill for the a-arm chassis.

Attached picture hedman 79250.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums