Moparts

whats a good head light up grade

Posted By: theraif

whats a good head light up grade - 10/20/16 09:23 PM

for a 90 ramcharger ? or should i just mount a led light bar to the bumper
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: whats a good head light up grade - 10/20/16 09:44 PM

You could try these linky from Amazon. I have a pair but haven't installed them as yet. Maybe never since we took her Ramcharger out of daily service.

Robert
Posted By: lunacy

Re: whats a good head light up grade - 10/20/16 10:04 PM

I put the round conversion bulbs in my 73 that use the removable halogen bulbs, and ran them off relays as well They make them for the square lights as well, might give them a try. The ones on my truck made a big improvement with some higher watt bulbs.
Posted By: polaris400cc

Re: whats a good head light up grade - 10/21/16 12:15 AM

hella H6054 sealed beam conversion

hella sealed beam conversion and headlight relay upgrade.
It's the most dependable way to upgrade lights, plus take a big load off factory switches and wiring

I would also add a note that says stay away from cheaper fancy looking conversions.
They are just that cheap fancy "looking", not functional. And don't be one of the A-holes that runs HID bulbs in a halogen based housing, it just plain sucks for performance and jacks off every oncoming car.
Posted By: moparborn

Re: whats a good head light up grade - 10/21/16 01:02 AM

I did the conversion as well with the relays,nice and bright now.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: whats a good head light up grade - 10/21/16 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By polaris400cc
hella H6054 sealed beam conversion

hella sealed beam conversion and headlight relay upgrade.
It's the most dependable way to upgrade lights, plus take a big load off factory switches and wiring

I would also add a note that says stay away from cheaper fancy looking conversions.
They are just that cheap fancy "looking", not functional. And don't be one of the A-holes that runs HID bulbs in a halogen based housing, it just plain sucks for performance and jacks off every oncoming car.

One of the best upgrades done to my 92.
Posted By: ruderunner

Re: whats a good head light up grade - 10/22/16 02:09 AM

Another vote for relays. Don't bother with a kit. Get some used relays from the junkyard, a few crimp on terminals and a couple feet of wire and inline fuse holders. Cheap easy and very effective.
Posted By: theraif

Re: whats a good head light up grade - 10/22/16 06:54 PM

thanks
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: whats a good head light up grade - 10/23/16 02:19 PM

I bought the kit from LMC, it's not expensive and super easy to install. I was going to make my own but the whole thing saved a lot of time and except for drilling a couple holes to mount the relays and two ground wires it was totally plug and play.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: whats a good head light up grade - 10/26/16 06:51 PM

I agree on the relays. Before installing relays on my 93 ram, the headlights were dangerously dim. I measured 9 volts at the headlight, with the engine running. After installing relays, it had full alternator voltage to the bulbs, about 13.8V. That plus a pair of $5 Wagner H6054 halogen sealed beams, and it has incredibly bright lights! One caveat: at 9 volts, the sealed beams would last just about forever. Not so when you zap them with 13-14 volts. It seems that I only get about 2 years out of a bulb. But for 5 bucks, who cares?
Posted By: SteveS

Re: whats a good head light up grade - 10/29/16 01:03 PM

The Hella conversions are amazing.
© 2024 Moparts Forums