Moparts

What should I do with this D300???

Posted By: mechanic190

What should I do with this D300??? - 08/30/16 06:03 AM

I just picked up this beaut. Couldn't pass it up for 300 bucks. Straight body floors are a little rusty but I've seen worse. Dually with a 4.10 gear Dana 70. Clean interior and factory ac dash. Worst parts it's a 2wd and single cab. Wife isn't happy about having another dodge in the garage that'll only be a summer toy (for me with no kids). So what should I do with this. Continue my search for a club cab long box frame and cab?

Attached picture image.jpeg
Attached picture image.jpeg
Posted By: dogdays

Re: What should I do with this D300??? - 08/30/16 08:05 PM

Cummins conversion will lead the pack, I'm sure.

I vote for a turbocharged 5.7 Mag. Auto OD trans. It'd be a good long distance hauler. Or stout enough for a decent sized camper in the back. For 96% of my driving, 2wd is enough and it helps not lugging around that extra weight.

R.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: What should I do with this D300??? - 08/31/16 03:35 AM

Sorry, I agree with your wife! If the truck doesn't work in your situation, is a 2wd when you need a 4x4, and doesn't have enough room for the family, why did you buy it?

Send it down the road and get something that will work for your family and meet its needs. Gene
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: What should I do with this D300??? - 08/31/16 04:02 AM

I have a crew cab long box rolling frame from Idaho I would love to get rid of, but of course it is in Illinoise... frown

Attached picture rhino 552.JPG
Attached picture rhino 554.JPG
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: What should I do with this D300??? - 08/31/16 04:50 AM

Originally Posted By poorboy
Sorry, I agree with your wife!

x2

Sorry to bust your bubble but I've bought running/driving first Gens from $300 to $600.

Get rid of it before she divorces you. And, another kicker: good luck getting rid of it. I would have had to be paid to take that thing out of someone's yard. There's only half a truck there. twocents
Posted By: bboogieart

Re: What should I do with this D300??? - 08/31/16 08:13 PM

If you have the drive train and sheet metal to finish it, a camper would carry the family. If not your just going to have to throw a lot more money at it.
Not sure why every one needs 4 wheel drive these days shruggy
but if you truly need it, you don't have it there.
I am sure someone would be happy to take it off your hands.
You "might" even make a buck.
© 2024 Moparts Forums