Moparts

Quick Question

Posted By: OrangeProwler

Quick Question - 05/30/16 03:33 AM

Hello all. It's been a while since I've been here in the truck forum. Anyways, I'm here because I've been outta of tune with the classic truck market for a while now and I'm wondering what $4k-$5k would buy you in the 60-80 truck market? I'm just throwing around ideas of another old Dodge truck. I'm thinking of a 2wd decent driver V8 truck but, wanted to a get a feel for things before I make the next step. Thank you in advance.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Quick Question - 06/08/16 02:09 PM

Go for it.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Quick Question - 06/12/16 06:50 AM

Probably doable, unless you live in an emission test area, then the 76 & older trucks are more desired and bring more money. Watch for frame rust, and roof rust, those two things kill most of the era trucks your looking at. Everything else is pretty easily fixed.

Might want to look in the Truck for sale section. Gene
Posted By: 79powerwagon

Re: Quick Question - 06/12/16 12:33 PM

4-5k will buy a LOT of truck! Still no market for them (other than LRT) so you should be able to find a very nice unit for your budget. Heck, some people are ASKING 2 to 3 times your budget, but there is no way anyone is buying an old Dodge truck for that kind of money. You have lots of options open to you! smile
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Quick Question - 06/14/16 08:23 AM

Yeah you can probably get a lot of truck for that money
Posted By: OrangeProwler

Re: Quick Question - 06/29/16 05:11 AM

Thank you. I'm still thinking about it. Maybe I should go for a Mexican Ramcharger with a 5.9L Magnum haha.
Posted By: ruderunner

Re: Quick Question - 07/10/16 08:32 PM

Depending on where you are, $5k will get you a Cummins truck in good shape.
Posted By: bbtrux

Re: Quick Question - 07/14/16 05:32 AM

If youre not planning daily driver, Id go sweptline at that budget. They are starting to bring money, and get comments everywhere you go. Maybe Im biased cause I have two 71's.
Posted By: RMCHRGR

Re: Quick Question - 07/14/16 02:26 PM

I agree with previous posts, $4-5K will get a decent runner. I got my '76 D100 SWB with a 400/4spd/8 3/4 for well under your budget. Not perfect by any stretch but solid and runs good.
© 2024 Moparts Forums