Moparts

Just bought this, hope it works

Posted By: 77ProStreet

Just bought this, hope it works - 04/08/16 03:21 AM

Have any of you used a bed lifter? It's supposed to work with a cherry picker or a hoist. I'm tired of calling or waiting for help if I want the bed off.
Posted By: basketcase

Re: Just bought this, hope it works - 04/08/16 03:24 AM

just saw Stacey David use one of these on Gearz. looks like it works pretty slick.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Just bought this, hope it works - 04/08/16 03:37 AM

So you have to drill a hole in the center..??? I just use straps and a picker...no hole...or another helper. Or just drill (4) small holes, use (2) u-bolts and a chain or strap and call it a day smile

Rickster
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Just bought this, hope it works - 04/08/16 04:02 AM

I have a homemade manual adjustable gantry crane that I attach four ratchet straps to. I used in last month to pull a bed and a cab off a 92 D250 and it works just fine. Harbor Freight has something like it but is much more expensive then the one I built. It has more features than mine though.

Attached picture crane.jpg
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: Just bought this, hope it works - 04/08/16 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By Rhinodart
I have a homemade manual adjustable gantry crane that I attach four ratchet straps to. I used in last month to pull a bed and a cab off a 92 D250 and it works just fine. Harbor Freight has something like it but is much more expensive then the one I built. It has more features than mine though.

I have one like your pic.

it works well adjust up/down so I can get a truck with a 6" lift/40" tires and the hoist on a roller up top is nice for moving side to side while engine drops in the chassis.
Posted By: Jwilli500

Re: Just bought this, hope it works - 04/08/16 07:13 PM

Just don't do like I did. I used one chain hooked diagonally to one front corner and one rear corner. You should have seen the look on my son's face when he saw the side panels had buckled from the twist! Fortunately when we sat it back on the frame it all went back into place. Whew! boogie
Posted By: ahy

Re: Just bought this, hope it works - 04/09/16 04:46 AM

That looks like it would work. I have used a 4x4 for this purpose. Fit under the inside bed lips + cherry picker + chain.

You will probably need to pull the rear bumper to get the cherry picker close enough to balance (almost). I have done it single handed but easier with a helper to guide and balance the bed and keep it off the cab.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Just bought this, hope it works - 04/09/16 07:38 PM

4 Friends and a case of Beer is the cheap way out smile

Rickster
Posted By: 77ProStreet

Re: Just bought this, hope it works - 04/10/16 07:38 AM

Well I used it last night and it works really well.
© 2024 Moparts Forums