Moparts

Leveling new 4WDs

Posted By: dfsmopars

Leveling new 4WDs - 11/11/15 03:16 AM

Newer 1500 4x4s sit higher in the back. Can the front be raised to level the truck by adjusting the torsion bars? The '02 I own I bought use and it set level when I bought it. People ask me often if it is a 3/4 ton. I am looking to buy something newer and I want it to set level. All of the ones I have looked at are too low in the front for my taste.
Posted By: 72d100

Re: Leveling new 4WDs - 11/11/15 03:56 AM

Depends on the year of truck. I know the 02-08 ish is torsion bars. The 09 up you use a spacer on top of the strut. It's a pretty easy job. Just make sure to get a alignment since you got undo the upper balljoint and tierod
Posted By: dfsmopars

Re: Leveling new 4WDs - 11/11/15 04:50 AM

So what is the purpose of the factory setting the stance of a 4x4 1500 with the nose down? Is it ride, handling, hauling or cost?
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Leveling new 4WDs - 11/11/15 05:00 AM

They figure it is going to be hauling a load.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Leveling new 4WDs - 11/13/15 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By dfsmopars
So what is the purpose of the factory setting the stance of a 4x4 1500 with the nose down? Is it ride, handling, hauling or cost?

So when you put a trailer on it, it doesn't ride like a speed boat with it's nose way up in the air like it will if you put a lift/levelling kit on the front.
Posted By: moretoys

Re: Leveling new 4WDs - 11/14/15 05:16 PM

I have seen many times with the spacer added to level truck, a FRONT driveline vibration shows up. changes the angle of the axle shafts. DO your homework and check out different products.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Leveling new 4WDs - 11/15/15 11:39 PM

I have had a Top Gun Customz two inch leveling kit in my 08 H.Q.C. for five years now with no problems. I wish I would have gone with the two and half inch kit, a fellow racer that works in a 4WD shop said Dodges have problems if you go higher than that unless its a full lift kit. I am considering taking out the leveling kit and going with the Bilstein adjustable shocks that can be adjusted to raise the front end two and a half inches.

Attached picture IMG_0260.jpg
Posted By: Michael

Re: Leveling new 4WDs - 11/17/15 01:13 AM

Never heard of a shock raising a front end.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Leveling new 4WDs - 11/17/15 04:15 AM

I hadn`t either until a few months ago, a guy from a local speed shop told me about them and quoted me a price. They are made by Bilstein and the length is adjustable up to almost 2 3/4 inches, I don`t know the part number or much else except the installation person at the speed shop has them on his 08 Ram and it was raised from what I saw.
Posted By: 73MagDuster

Re: Leveling new 4WDs - 11/17/15 05:43 AM

2006 went from torsion bar to coil over shocks.
© 2024 Moparts Forums