Moparts

wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84

Posted By: 98RAM1500

wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 04/21/14 10:50 PM

got my order quick which was a plus. I ordered LH & RH outside door handles, manual hood release, & a new brake pedal pad.

The hood latch seems pretty good, same design, thickness & weight as the original release which (mine had the cable style which I hated) but a nice piece

The door handles seem good, shiney anyway but good construction they same weight as originals aswell.

Pad better than the old one anyway

Attached picture 8119962-DSCF0025.JPG
Posted By: Mopar2DBone

Re: wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 04/22/14 12:18 AM

Nice...
Posted By: Hem1orange

Re: wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 04/22/14 05:18 AM

New parts are nice! I think I have bought a new 68 Charger just going by the number of boxes in my shop. Good luck with your project.

Ron
Posted By: Webster

Re: wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 04/24/14 04:23 AM

Nice to see we can still get some good pieces for our 80's trucks....
Posted By: roe

Re: wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 04/24/14 05:41 AM

Nice. I need to see if they have a few pieces that I need. Do they send you a catalog or is it all online based?
Posted By: BulletBob

Re: wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 04/24/14 06:14 AM

I've waited 4 years & registered 4 years in a row. Some got theirs some haven't
Posted By: moparmandjh

Re: wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 04/24/14 09:47 AM

Quote:

Nice. I need to see if they have a few pieces that I need. Do they send you a catalog or is it all online based?

Try here
https://www.lmctruck.com/freetruckpartscatalog/

Re: wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 04/24/14 02:27 PM

Thanks for the link, signed up for a catalog. I just started on my first dodge truck, and hadn't heard of them before.

Re: wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 04/24/14 07:09 PM

LMC has been doing ford & chevy for years, & awhile back they just now started to doing the 94-12 dodge trucks & finally they come out with some parts for our 72-93 D & W series trucks.

Re: wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 04/24/14 07:31 PM

My only PU prior to this was an '89 F250 longbed that was just a work truck. I didn't put 1 cent into it that wasn't toward maintenance. This one will be different. I want it to look nice as well.

I'll be using this catalog because some of the stuff I need can't come from the j/y or it'll be in worse condition than what I'm replacing.

Re: wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 04/25/14 01:37 AM

Quote:

I'll be using this catalog because some of the stuff I need can't come from the j/y or it'll be in worse condition than what I'm replacing.

I hear that like the outside hood latch all I could ever find was the inside cable style, my 81 ram stepside I use to own had the outside release, but it was the only 80's dodge truck that I ever seen with one.
Posted By: jstollfu

Re: wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 04/25/14 10:55 PM

I ordered sill plates for my 76. Came in Mopar packaging.. Josh-

Re: wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 04/26/14 01:13 AM

The brake pedal pad I order is a Chrysler part, has the penastar & part number as original on the back
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 04/26/14 03:55 AM

Im still waiting on my catalog..

Re: wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 04/26/14 01:36 PM

same here I ordered one 3 months ago....& nothing, then when they finally had the parts on there site then I ordered some and was hopeing to get one with them & still nothing....so I ordered one yesterday & it says I will receive one in 3-4weeks so we'll see
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 04/27/14 12:07 AM

Im not holding my breath..

Re: wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 04/29/14 01:47 AM

Finally got my 72-93 LMC book in the mail today ....thinking I should frame it
Posted By: dodgedakotaman

Re: wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 04/29/14 02:03 PM

I got my LMC catalog in the mail today. I dont even remember ordering it but Ill take it. Its not bad. I see a bunch of things I can use in it.

Re: wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 04/30/14 02:00 AM

A little help here guys. This guide that goes around the window is old and brittle, and needs to be replaced. Is this the part listed on page 11 of the LMC catalog under "front door glass and components"? ( http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/dc/t.aspx?Page=10 )

Re: wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 04/30/14 02:09 AM

Yes sir that is it, the old will come out in pieces due to being brittle they have these little snaps on the back side that u might have to pry out or grab with some pliers. Its alittle tricky installing them, you will have to get the glass out off the regulator and set it inside out of the way & plus unbolting the vent window would probably be the hardest part cause it has to be either angled or taken out so the glass can be removed from the regulator while u install the new weather stripping, but its not that hard just takes alittle time

I have the complete door weatherstripping kit for my 84, brand new in a box I bought a year ago waiting til I get to that stage in my project

Re: wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 04/30/14 02:17 AM

Quote:

Yes sir that is it, the old will come out in pieces due to being brittle they have these little snaps on the back side that u might have to pry out or grab with some pliers. Its alittle tricky installing them, you will have to get the glass out off the regulator and set it inside out of the way while u install the new weather stripping, but its not that hard just takes alittle time

I have the complete door weatherstripping kit for

my 84, brand new in a box I bought a year ago waiting til I get to that stage in my project

Sweet, Im about to order both. Weather stripping and window seals. Im tempted to order the vent window seal too. Thanks for the quick response

Re: wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 04/30/14 02:25 AM

I almost forgot, unbolting the vent window would probably be the hardest part cause it has to be either angled or taken out so the glass can be slid off & removed from the regulator while u install the new weather stripping, but like I said it just takes alittle time
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 04/30/14 11:54 PM

I just got my catalog yesterday, I am really liking the chrome mesh grille for my 92 D150. My original/present grille has the usual stress crack and two of my inserts have been broken and repaired . I think I am going to order the mesh one and a few other things I need. So much for that... its back ordered

Attached picture 8129434-IMG_0235.JPG
Posted By: Bens_Coronets

Re: wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 05/02/14 02:29 AM

It took me a while to find the link for the PDF downloadable catalogs... LMC should make it more obvious.

http://www.lmctruck.com/freepdfcatalogs/

Ben

Re: wel got my parts in from LMC for my 84 - 05/09/14 03:35 AM

Got my catalog
© 2024 Moparts Forums