Moparts

What to put behind the seat?

Posted By: bigblock340power

What to put behind the seat? - 03/29/14 03:13 PM

I got my frame tank fixed. So now, out comes the "behind the seat" tank (that thing's worried me for some time now!). Question is: what should I put back there? Build a tool box? Build speaker holders? Some kind of shelving? Leave empty? Then I thought, let's see what the rest of the (Dodge) trucking world has done!
Pics, diagrams, plans, or how tos, would be great!
Thanks
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: What to put behind the seat? - 03/29/14 03:45 PM

later 90-up trucks have a nice plastic tray that lays behind the seat to hold stuff.

stock speakers hang on brackets in the corners unless you go with truck box speakers.

myself I don't keep anything back behind the seat. I don't keep any heavy/loose stuff in the cab...I rolled a truck one time and a glass 16oz MtDew bottle hit me in the head about 3x,I needed stitches in all 3 places. I seen it hit me 2x for sure.

good thing my 12x16 metal tool box was in the back of bed at that time. I had been riding it in the pass side floor earlier that day.

so strap/screw/bolt it down in the cab to be safe.
Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: What to put behind the seat? - 03/29/14 09:53 PM

i have a rack bolted to the back wall, that holds a feral hog elimination device, model M4. under that is a tray, and a box on the pass side holds the jack, and tools. back wall is carpeted, over soundproofing and insulation. i'm in eye-owe-uh, so too far for pics.

Quote:

I rolled a truck one time and a glass 16oz MtDew bottle hit me in the head about 3x,I needed stitches in all 3 places. I seen it hit me 2x for sure.

hey scratch, they're all made from plastic now. roll-away!!!!
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: What to put behind the seat? - 03/29/14 11:51 PM

rolled a truck one time and a glass 16oz MtDew bottle hit me in the head about 3x

Cautio Scratchys truck is protected by bottles of attack Mt Dew.

Re: What to put behind the seat? - 04/23/14 03:36 AM

I got an old Dodge truck radio (AM/FM Cassette) off e bag a few months ago. I sent it off to have it tuned up,have an MP3, and power amp put in. Got it back a few days ago, looks fantastic. Haven't got around to putting it in yet. I'm having trouble finding just the right speakers for it. I'm going to put them in boxes and mount them behind the seat (where the old gas tank was, by the way, what a difference it makes to have no tank there!). I've been looking on line, in stores, and everywhere I can think of, but not sure yet. Anyway, that's what I'm putting behind the seat.
Posted By: 69HemiGTX

Re: What to put behind the seat? - 04/23/14 05:03 AM

Quote:

feral hog elimination device

To keep from alerting the fun police, I'll just say mine is like an 870 for those who know. I also like to keep a small canvas tool bag full of cheap tools for impromptu yard runs. They're never used for repairs because Dodges don't break down. Ever.

Sorry Scratchin, but I'm still laughing at your roll over description. I would have loved to have seen that.

Re: What to put behind the seat? - 04/23/14 10:04 AM

Oh! I will bolt them down!!!!
Posted By: savoy64

Re: What to put behind the seat? - 04/27/14 04:37 AM

a rolling over vehicle is like a rock polisher---the harder things wear down the softer things...
Posted By: dodgedakotaman

Re: What to put behind the seat? - 04/27/14 09:16 AM

I got some really nice small box speakers off Amazon.com for $28. They were metal box not plastic and had a great sound to them. They fit nice behind the seat. Put some vintage Jensen triaxials in the doors with all new wires in my '85. I just have an AM?FM cassette out of a late '90s truck in it but it sounds awesome! Where did you get your radio converted to have an MP3 input?

Re: What to put behind the seat? - 04/27/14 04:18 PM

Where did you get your radio converted to have an MP3 input?

Here, tell Barry I sent you.
http://www.8trackrepaircenter.com/
My radio,

And you put this MP3 plugin lead where ever you want.
Posted By: dezduster

Re: What to put behind the seat? - 04/28/14 05:46 AM

Carpet the back wall and you will be surprised by the sound deadening effect. Any sound system will be better with this mod.
© 2024 Moparts Forums