Moparts

96 3500 Cummins ?

Posted By: sixpackbee

96 3500 Cummins ? - 03/26/14 11:21 PM

My 96 3500 Quit recently. I pulled the fuel shut off valve off and zip tied the fuel control on. Truck started and ran fine but no tach, charging, AC ect. Everyone said it was the crank sensor. I just replaced it and still will not run. FYI I reinstalled the fuel solenoid. Fires but will not keep running. Anybody steer me into a right direction on this? I really would appreciate it. Thank you.
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: 96 3500 Cummins ? - 03/26/14 11:46 PM

Quote:

My 96 3500 Quit recently. I pulled the fuel shut off valve off and zip tied the fuel control on. Truck started and ran fine but no tach, charging, AC ect. Everyone said it was the crank sensor. I just replaced it and still will not run. FYI I reinstalled the fuel solenoid. Fires but will not keep running. Anybody steer me into a right direction on this? I really would appreciate it. Thank you.

That's a mechanical engine, as long as it cranks and gets fuel it should run. The electrical portion sounds like PCM problems.

Robert
Posted By: cascius

Re: 96 3500 Cummins ? - 03/27/14 12:10 AM

The fuel solenoid on the injection pump gets it's hold power from the PCM, and power while in the crank position from the fuel shut down relay. Fuse #9 in the block on the side of the dash controls both of these as well as a multitude of other things. I'd probably start there.
© 2024 Moparts Forums