Moparts

Would like some feedback from you guys with megacabs

Posted By: Dixie

Would like some feedback from you guys with megacabs - 03/26/14 06:11 PM

Hey Guys,

I'm considering buying a megacab. The main reason is back seat comfort for long trips, say 8 hours+. What has been your experience on long trips with your truck? Are the back seat passengers comfortable?

I attend a few shows in the summer and have been using my 1500 quad cab to pull my car to them. It's a 5.7 and does fine other than the fuel mileage. Since I only do a few long trips on average, it's not that bad on the wallet. What has your experience been driving a 5.7 around loaded vs. unloaded for towing or everyday driving? I'd rather have a diesel, but if I find a deal on a 5.7 I would consider it.

Thanks for any input!
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Would like some feedback from you guys with megacabs - 03/26/14 08:45 PM

My buddy has a 01 Quad cab. Its fine for small kids but no legroom for adults in the back seat. For utmost comfort get a crew cab.
Posted By: Garry Owen

Re: Would like some feedback from you guys with megacabs - 03/26/14 11:48 PM

I love my mega cab. It has the business console in it but still has a crazy amount of room. I flip the back seats down and sleep in it on occasion. It is 5.9 and more than enough power to tow what I need it for. However, I decided why not and had it tuned with efi live and .
Posted By: BulletBob

Re: Would like some feedback from you guys with megacabs - 03/27/14 05:44 AM

You need a 1st Gen MegaCab (The real one 72-85) with a CTD They have the leg room you're hunting
Posted By: Ck[FIN]

Re: Would like some feedback from you guys with megacabs - 03/27/14 10:21 AM

3gen quadcab is bigger and much more confortable than 2gen. But if you drive very long trips (8hours or so) i would go with mega.

Re: Would like some feedback from you guys with megacabs - 03/27/14 07:23 PM

Quote:

You need a 1st Gen MegaCab (The real one 72-85) with a CTD They have the leg room you're hunting

I'd be all for it, if I could find a decent one.
Posted By: dmckeehan

Re: Would like some feedback from you guys with megacabs - 03/27/14 07:44 PM

Love my 06 mega cab. Kids have plenty of room, adults have plenty of room. Just wish life didn't dictate that i need to sell it....
Posted By: ViperDave

Re: Would like some feedback from you guys with megacabs - 03/27/14 08:38 PM

we had a mega cab, was comfortable for 5 adults even on a 3 hour trip. more room in the back than the front. significantly more comfortable than my cousins quadcab of same body style.

Re: Would like some feedback from you guys with megacabs - 03/29/14 04:10 AM

Thanks, any problems to look for on used ones?
Posted By: ViperDave

Re: Would like some feedback from you guys with megacabs - 03/31/14 05:38 PM

rear door wiring harnesses commonly failed.
Posted By: cascius

Re: Would like some feedback from you guys with megacabs - 03/31/14 06:14 PM

Quote:

Thanks, any problems to look for on used ones?

Not really specific to a mega cab, but '06 trucks seem to have a lot of issues with the TIPM (fuse block) shorting out. About a $750 part plus the dealer has to program it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums