Moparts

Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference Database.

Posted By: 4dr4x4

Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference Database. - 02/04/14 10:16 AM

I used this chart to find all the vehicles that use the 4'5 bolt pattern. I may try some Jeep wheels on my truck.

http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods-...N#axzz2sKt8Qc8S
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference Database. - 02/04/14 06:03 PM

Great except it's crap, It lists 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton as the same or only the 94 and up 3/4 ton. No 1 tons or duallys and no older 8 lug trucks. How can you trust it?
Posted By: 4dr4x4

Re: Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference Database. - 02/04/14 06:09 PM

I just wanted to know if any Jeep or Ford truck rims had the 4.5 pattern and it says they do. Like any aftermarket source, it's not perfect.

If what it says is right I should be able to get a set of 16" rims for my 81 2wd 1/2 ton.

Re: Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference Database. - 02/04/14 07:17 PM

I know that years ago, although the lug pattern was the same between a Ford and Mopar, the center register was not. You could swap one way but not the other. Most aftermarket wheels are large enough that the center register will fit, but then they become lug concentric instead of hub concentric.
Posted By: hp383

Re: Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference Database. - 02/04/14 07:31 PM

Quote:

I know that years ago, although the lug pattern was the same between a Ford and Mopar, the center register was not. You could swap one way but not the other. Most aftermarket wheels are large enough that the center register will fit, but then they become lug concentric instead of hub concentric.

You could put a Mopar on Ford, but not the other way around.
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference Database. - 02/04/14 09:07 PM

I don't think so, at least for more modern stuff. My '77Ford $500 truck was going to look so trick with a very cheap set of Dodge Ram 16" wheels, the rear fit OK but the fronts the centerbore of the Ram wheel is quite a bit smaller than the ford, I had to use spacers.
Aftermarket wheels usually clear everything.

R.
Posted By: 76dodgeboy

Re: Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference Database. - 02/04/14 11:29 PM

No full size ford truck ran 4.5" just ranger and explorer. Jeep XJ bodystyle is 4.5"
Fords been 5.5" since the start that Im aware even for the early cars till mid to late 40s. '49 for sure is 4.5" though.

Re: Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference Database. - 02/05/14 02:14 PM

Not sure on the Ford trucks but the cars were 5 on 4.5 as the Mopars were. GM's were 5 on 4.75. When everyone started going FWD is when things got mixed up.

Re: Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference Database. - 02/05/14 05:38 PM

Quote:

Not sure on the Ford trucks but the cars were 5 on 4.5 as the Mopars were. GM's were 5 on 4.75. When everyone started going FWD is when things got mixed up.

Depends What cars. Some of the Big 70s models had the 5x5"(aswell as Chevys Big cars) but was only a select few. Ford 30s and 40s were 5x5.5" also.

Re: Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference Database. - 02/05/14 05:40 PM

Quote:

I don't think so, at least for more modern stuff. My '77Ford $500 truck was going to look so trick with a very cheap set of Dodge Ram 16" wheels, the rear fit OK but the fronts the centerbore of the Ram wheel is quite a bit smaller than the ford, I had to use spacers.

R.

Believe Jamie may have been refering to the 4.5" Bolt pattern. The 94 up Dodge wheels dont even fit pre 94s

Re: Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference Database. - 02/05/14 11:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

R.

Believe Jamie may have been refering to the 4.5" Bolt pattern. The 94 up Dodge wheels dont even fit pre 94s

Yes i was referring to the old stuff, the 4.5 bolt pattern days.

Re: Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference Database. - 02/05/14 11:11 PM

On a side note, from this little wheel finder, I now know I can use Viper wheels on my Dak.

But I am thinking the Viper wheels were not 15x6 as listed in the app.

I have a contact that races Vipers, and may be able to get a set of factory wheels to try on the truck. That would be neat.

Re: Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference Database. - 02/06/14 12:28 AM

Quote:

On a side note, from this little wheel finder, I now know I can use Viper wheels on my Dak.

But I am thinking the Viper wheels were not 15x6 as listed in the app.

I have a contact that races Vipers, and may be able to get a set of factory wheels to try on the truck. That would be neat.

Yes Viper wheels have the same bolt pattern as Dakota hubs were used on the Viper. But no they are not 15x6.

Re: Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference Database. - 02/06/14 02:27 AM

Somebody somewhere has a Dakota they are stuffing a Viper V10 in
Posted By: Cheeto

Re: Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference Database. - 03/18/14 11:12 AM

Quote:

Yes and no. Viper wheels are something like 11" and 13" wide and have very little outside depth. Plan for major sheetmetal surgery or some serious spacers.

Attached picture 8078757-1.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums