Moparts

Chisolm lower arm bushings?

Posted By: old_goat

Chisolm lower arm bushings? - 01/11/14 04:40 AM

Anybody know a common part number for chisolm lca bushings for mid 80s D150?
stock style bushings or urethane...
Thanks!
O.G.
Posted By: 76dodgeboy

Re: Chisolm lower arm bushings? - 01/11/14 08:38 AM

Any parts store will have the Stock info. You can also look them up Online at Most Major Parts stores aswell as Rockauto.

Re: Chisolm lower arm bushings? - 01/11/14 08:44 AM

3minute search.

Re: Chisolm lower arm bushings? - 01/12/14 01:16 AM

They dont use stock lower bushings.
I bought gm metric g body rear control arm (78 Malibu, monte carlo etc) polyurethane bushings. I had to use a different center sleeve, but they worked out fine.

Re: Chisolm lower arm bushings? - 01/12/14 09:31 AM

Ah. The way I read it your were looking for stock bushing lol. Didn't know they used something other than dodge since its for dodge. wonder if Van is what you needed?
Posted By: BulletBob

Re: Chisolm lower arm bushings? - 01/12/14 06:06 PM

Bill, I knew they were GM I just couldn't remember what exact application
I knew it was a rear bushing but I thought I had used urethane spring eye bushings for a F body GM

Re: Chisolm lower arm bushings? - 01/13/14 04:50 AM

The f body bushings might be exact replacements. Like I said, we had to use different bolt sleeves. The g body ones had sleeves that were about 1/16 too small for the bolt to go through.
On a side note, it looks like I have figured out how to correct ball joint angles on lowered d150s.
Jig being built to mod stock upper and lower arms. With this set of mods, and one more, the steering arms will be the limiting factor as tohow low can ya go.. The cool part is no cut springs!
A rack and pinion setup is in the works for mine using across the counter parts also.
I will be doing a 6/8 drop in the next month or so.
I will post my results with lots of pics.....
Posted By: 72d100

Re: Chisolm lower arm bushings? - 01/13/14 05:02 AM

Quote:

The f body bushings might be exact replacements. Like I said, we had to use different bolt sleeves. The g body ones had sleeves that were about 1/16 too small for the bolt to go through.
On a side note, it looks like I have figured out how to correct ball joint angles on lowered d150s.
Jig being built to mod stock upper and lower arms. With this set of mods, and one more, the steering arms will be the limiting factor as tohow low can ya go.. The cool part is no cut springs!
A rack and pinion setup is in the works for mine using across the counter parts also.
I will be doing a 6/8 drop in the next month or so.
I will post my results with lots of pics.....

you decided to ditch the crown vic setup idea?

Re: Chisolm lower arm bushings? - 01/13/14 05:47 AM

Crown vic setup will be done on another chassis under my 83.
My thinking is, without any doubt in my mind, I can make this work, and offer modded exchange basis control arms, and the rest of the parts together to do a up to 6 inch adjustable front drop without using dropped spindles, anybody with reasonable fabrication skills could do this mod. You would get proper suspension geometry, rack and pinion steering with minimal to no bump steer, and stock quality ride, along with better handling.
I may even go so far as to offer a 8 inch drop rear kit complete with sway bars.
I am sure these trucks can be made to handle very well. It just takes a well thought out system to all work together, and not ride like a farm wagon.
Posted By: 72d100

Re: Chisolm lower arm bushings? - 01/13/14 06:00 AM

i like foward to seeing all of this. i know we have all seen how well the c/10s can be made and and we have an extremely similar platform

Re: Chisolm lower arm bushings? - 01/13/14 06:19 AM

I agree about the c 10s. The biggest problem is everybody seems to think "inside the box" . My approach is a tried and true method. Just not in the street truck world.
Its all in how you combine parts to solve a given problem.
I have ridden in lowered d trucks that rode horrible, steered worse, and shouldn't even be on any road.
I want better than stock handling, a good and much lower ride, and reasonable cost and durability.
Like I said, you need good welding and fabrication skills to do this mod.
© 2024 Moparts Forums