Moparts

Poor Headlights...

Posted By: superwrench

Poor Headlights... - 01/01/14 10:59 AM

2007 Ram 3500....headlights suck!! I was reading somewhere before about a harness (wiring) kit that beefs up the gauge of wiring that Chrysler used so that the lamps get more juice.
Anyone got some info on this??
Gotta remember to start bookmarking this stuff!!!
Posted By: redraptor

Re: Poor Headlights... - 01/01/14 02:51 PM

Lights on my '02 suck unless you hold the dimmer switch so HI&LO are both on!
A wiring kit won't help unless you already have some sort of grounding issue.
Need to upgrade to aftermarket bulbs or assemblies. I would if I drove more at night.
Posted By: superwrench

Re: Poor Headlights... - 01/01/14 07:53 PM

Yes....I could change out to PIAA bulbs or something, but I did read something about a "kit" or at least "Instructions" on how to change up to heavier wiring coming from the TIPM. Makes sense because the wires are sure puny....
Posted By: Geezer

Re: Poor Headlights... - 01/01/14 08:00 PM

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/relays/relays.html
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Poor Headlights... - 01/01/14 08:49 PM

Sylvania silver stars are a bright bulb and not that expensive. I doubt you will gain much trying to rewire a newer vehicle. I think the wiring upgrade works best on older stuff.
Posted By: Mopar2DBone

Re: Poor Headlights... - 01/01/14 08:58 PM

Watching closely... Lights on my 04 are equivalent to a mopad..
Posted By: Polarapete

Re: Poor Headlights... - 01/01/14 09:15 PM

When I had my 2002 Ram I belonged to the Turbo Diesel Register and I used to get catalogs from Geno's Garage. I remember there were kits listed there to convert to relays for the headlamps. Check it out.
Posted By: rustbuckett68

Re: Poor Headlights... - 01/02/14 02:03 AM

See if you can check the voltage at the lights when at idle, then check the battery and/or alternator to see if there is any voltage drop. With relays and larger wiring I gained about a volt and a half in my '79 van, and over 2 1/4 volts in my '84 GMC.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Poor Headlights... - 01/02/14 05:16 AM

Installed HID's in my 04 and never looked back.....Amazing
© 2024 Moparts Forums