Moparts

found the best weed killer EVER!!!

Posted By: 78asprin

found the best weed killer EVER!!! - 07/08/13 05:54 AM

So i was chopping up my 76 parts pickup to send to its doom when i got a brilliant idea to drain the nasty old sludge/fuel out of it and use it in the gravel around my house to kill the weeds. Holy baby jesus did it do the trick. They were wilted and curled up in like 30 mins!! I knew it was nasty stuff but WOW! So my advice,if u need a good weed killer,find an old oregon truck that has sat for 20+ years and snag whats in the gas tank!!
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: found the best weed killer EVER!!! - 07/08/13 12:13 PM

I hope you don't get your water from a well, or any of your neighbors.

Re: found the best weed killer EVER!!! - 07/08/13 01:48 PM

No we dont,and it was only about 2 cups of it that was still inside the tank,i wouldnt have done it if it was anymore than that lol
Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: found the best weed killer EVER!!! - 07/08/13 06:47 PM

i guess this proves not EVERYONE on the left coast is a tree hugger.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: found the best weed killer EVER!!! - 07/08/13 08:03 PM

Quote:

i guess this proves not EVERYONE on the left coast is a tree hugger.

Thank God

Russ
Posted By: Mopar2DBone

Re: found the best weed killer EVER!!! - 07/08/13 09:19 PM

Thats pretty common practice in my neck of the woods. Thought for sure the weed police would be knocking on your door out there on the left coast..
Posted By: pinkduster

Re: found the best weed killer EVER!!! - 07/08/13 09:37 PM

When I was a little kid back in the 70s, I think the local townships and boros sprayed diesel fuel on weeds to kill them. They also used to "oil down" the dirt and stone alley behind my grandparents house to keep the dust down. We are all still here.
Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: found the best weed killer EVER!!! - 07/08/13 10:18 PM

when i was living in texas a couple of years ago, a tanker truck with a boom and nozzles (like the kind that sprays tar when laying the road) used to oil down the sand roads, making them into a road that was really close to a paved one. i know it's texas, and there's oil on the ground everywhere, but it did seem a bit "dated" seeing roads sprayed with oil, then rolled.

railroads used to get a tank car, and a pumpcar with fire nozzles on it, and they mixed weedkiller with kerosene, used oil, whatever. the petroleum helped the weed killer stick, and they would spray everything with it. the right of way used to be widely cleared, and it was nice for running. most right of ways now have the growth right up to the ballast now, and getting smacked with trees and branches is a daily deal. hooray for oil and weedkiller!!

Re: found the best weed killer EVER!!! - 07/09/13 04:11 AM

Definetly no huggin trees for this guy! haha Im sure my liberal hippy neighbors would flip out if they heard i did that haha
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: found the best weed killer EVER!!! - 07/09/13 04:57 AM

Try it on those darn blackberry bushes and report back. My buddy has a few we need to obliberate..
Posted By: viperblue72

Re: found the best weed killer EVER!!! - 07/09/13 05:10 AM

The smell stays around forever though.
And NO not everybody in Oregon is a tree hugger. But there is definitely a lot them.
Posted By: Mopar2DBone

Re: found the best weed killer EVER!!! - 07/09/13 01:40 PM

Starting in October I hug trees on all my off days but I always have my Mathews bow in hand shopping for venison..
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: found the best weed killer EVER!!! - 07/09/13 07:26 PM

Around here we need our trees big and strong. We can't have them pulling over when we have the winch cable wrapped around them.

Sheldon
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: found the best weed killer EVER!!! - 07/09/13 10:56 PM

Quote:

Try it on those darn blackberry bushes and report back. My buddy has a few we need to obliberate..

Raccoons do a fine job...

Re: found the best weed killer EVER!!! - 07/10/13 12:45 AM

Luckily I dont have any blackberries on my property! I hate them damn things haha Racoons on the other hand... Got plenty of them wingless vultures around , I wish I could give them a little gun powder-powered present... I think my .45 would do the trick if i could some how pop off a round,clean up the mess, and leave somewhere before the cops showed up and the riot broke out haha Theres a family of em in a fir tree my back yard that raise hell with all the neighborhood animals and my trash cans...
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: found the best weed killer EVER!!! - 07/10/13 01:15 AM

Wave 1 of those new hi powered air riflers in their direction. The pelts make cool hats.
Posted By: 76dodgeboy

Re: found the best weed killer EVER!!! - 07/10/13 01:57 AM

Rolling papers and a lighter
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: found the best weed killer EVER!!! - 07/10/13 02:11 AM

Quote:

Wave 1 of those new hi powered air riflers in their direction. The pelts make cool hats.

True, but hat's ain't best the part: http://www.backwoodsbound.com/zracoon.html
Posted By: Rug_Trucker

Re: found the best weed killer EVER!!! - 07/15/13 11:25 PM

Soon little drones will be checking us all out. EPA has jurisdiction over the puddles of water in your driveway.

One of my CDL instructers wanted to expand his parking lot for his trucking company. Cali-enviro department told him he would need to relocate some rattle snakes. The cost was really high. He had a oil "spill" instead. It was cheaper for the cleanup than to move the snakes.
© 2024 Moparts Forums