Moparts

2001 Dodge Durango help

Posted By: OhioMopar

2001 Dodge Durango help - 07/03/13 12:32 AM

Okay, this Durango has been a pain in my tail since I traded it in and a friend bought it off the lot. So I ask for assistance...
The shifter cable broke on it a little while ago. She didn't have the money to fix it at the time, so it sat. She had it towed to a Firestone and they replaced it. She gets it back and they say it won't move in 2wd(awd). So I go to mess with it a little. It doesn't move in awd. It moves in 4 high. If you shift to 4 lo, it moves. But it is clearly not in 4-lo when the selector says it should be. Is there an adjustment in the switch or on the transfer case? It doesn't have the tried and true lever. Just an electric switch to fail. This truck is one electrical nightmare(I never had an ounce of problems with it) after another. But I'm trying to work my way through its issues.
Any help is appreciated.
Update. I got it to shift into 4-lo. So the only issue is the awd. Maybe an actuator motor? Maybe something gummed up from sitting?
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: 2001 Dodge Durango help - 07/03/13 04:08 AM

Was it towed on a flat bed? ABS light on?
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: 2001 Dodge Durango help - 07/03/13 09:51 AM

It was towed on a flat bed. I asked her how he loaded it and she said he jumped it and found neutral. No abs light.
Posted By: poboyengineering

Re: 2001 Dodge Durango help - 07/06/13 04:24 AM

sounds like the encoder motor...
© 2024 Moparts Forums