Moparts

your hood scoop install pics

Posted By: turbododgepirate

your hood scoop install pics - 05/30/13 03:31 AM

So, I have a giant hood scoop coming.... 36" long, 24" wide 5" high... For my 1985 d100. So, how much hood support did you remove, if any, for your scoop? Pics are appreciated.
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: your hood scoop install pics - 05/30/13 06:23 AM

I removed the section under the scoop about 3/4" inside the scoop flang. I am slowly getting to the point for finishing the the glassing on the top. This is a glass hood and is incredebly strong bu itself that I am not planning any support additions. When finished my 6 pac filter will be inside the scoop and sealed to the bottom of the hood. It will be held on by 8 Zus fasteners and 2 hoodpins. Now if I could only get my back well enough to use my ares enough to finish it..

Posted By: 76dodgeboy

Re: your hood scoop install pics - 05/30/13 07:29 AM

I think he is referring to a steel hood. A glass hood is quite different.

Im still unsure if I.plan for a scoop.
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: your hood scoop install pics - 05/30/13 08:44 AM

Even if he is doing a steel hood by useing resin and cloth first there will be a lot less chance of the bondo from cracking from the stress from any flexing.. ..
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: your hood scoop install pics - 05/30/13 03:37 PM

Quote:

Even if he is doing a steel hood by useing resin and cloth first there will be a lot less chance of the bondo from cracking from the stress from any flexing.. ..

Attached picture 7724713-hoodscoop.jpg
Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: your hood scoop install pics - 05/30/13 10:51 PM

i did a scoop on my hood (i do them all, actually) and have a few pics and details here: shelby scooped hood it's been over 2 years for mine, and it's been in the desert in august, and in minnie-snowda in december. no cracks at all. it's easy to do, just take your time, and use quality materials.

Attached picture 7725146-6291895-PB020022.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums