Moparts

And they said it could no longer be had!!!!

Posted By: bigblock340power

And they said it could no longer be had!!!! - 01/27/13 02:21 AM

I've been after this color (Parchment) arm rest for my D-100 Dodge P/U for some time now. I've called everyone that has anything to do with these old Dodges. Every one I talked to said they're no longer to be had, all gone, hens teeth! You might as well put black ones in (and I was just about to do just that). But I was looking on E bay the other day, sifting through the Dodge truck parts. Going through black arm rest, after black arm rest (looking for the best price). When all of the sudden I came upon this one. Parchment color. My interior color. I found it! Go ahead you naysayers, tell me I'll never find one. I found it, and it goes in tomorrow morn. Yes it was a bit pricey, but hey! It's for my (other) baby, what the heck!
I guess the moral to this story is: just hang in there, cause you never know!
Pics, oh yah!

Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: And they said it could no longer be had!!!! - 01/27/13 10:34 AM

Congrats..

Re: And they said it could no longer be had!!!! - 01/27/13 02:41 PM

Thanks Shorty. Wow! Only one reply, and I was so so so stoked!!
Posted By: dodgedakotaman

Re: And they said it could no longer be had!!!! - 01/27/13 04:04 PM

Wow, amazing find. Now we need pics of it installed. Can we see the rest of truck, too? Good job of parts scrounging, Ron.

Re: And they said it could no longer be had!!!! - 01/27/13 05:07 PM

Quote:

Wow, amazing find. Now we need pics of it installed. Can we see the rest of truck, too? Good job of parts scrounging, Ron.

Sure Ron, I'll put some up later today.
Posted By: AtomicDog

Re: And they said it could no longer be had!!!! - 01/27/13 08:27 PM

Glad you found what you were looking for.

In these days and times, with the Internet/Web, Google, eBay, Amazon, Craigslist, MOPARTS classifieds, and other Internet forums that cater to MOPARS, our task of finding rare parts is much easier than its been in the past. Also, nothing beats patience and perserverence when searching for a hard to find item..

Re: And they said it could no longer be had!!!! - 01/27/13 09:18 PM

OK. Here's the pics of the new armrest installed. I know, it's a small thing, but every little bit helps.
Old one.

New one.

Re: And they said it could no longer be had!!!! - 01/27/13 09:22 PM

Here's the truck interior.

This is the old armrest out on the seat.

Posted By: serano

Re: And they said it could no longer be had!!!! - 01/28/13 12:11 AM

Didn't know you were looking for one.But it's always good when you find that one!!!!
Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: And they said it could no longer be had!!!! - 01/28/13 04:38 AM

those would look awesome, dyed black!!

i took mine from the shelby, and got some thin vinyl material, and heated and stretched it, creating black ones. save the old ones, and try it and see. you're only out a dollar or two, for the price of a scrap of material.
Posted By: Robbins

Re: And they said it could no longer be had!!!! - 01/28/13 12:01 PM

Congrats on finding it
© 2024 Moparts Forums