Moparts

This Is New

Posted By: Kudakidd

This Is New - 04/25/24 01:10 AM

What are your thoughts regarding a celebrity signing your car? Does it add to the value, or who cares?
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: This Is New - 04/25/24 01:13 AM

Like Shelby? Norm? Who's left..
Posted By: TJP

Re: This Is New - 04/25/24 03:39 AM

I'm in the who cares category beer
Posted By: BloFish

Re: This Is New - 04/25/24 04:07 AM

iagree
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: This Is New - 04/25/24 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Kudakidd
What are your thoughts regarding a celebrity signing your car? Does it add to the value, or who cares?
down work twocents
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: This Is New - 04/25/24 05:53 AM

This is too funny. The old guys in nascar country were not mentioned.

Go look on pettysgarage.com and see the singed car they are tying to flip and use as current marketing. Only 43k.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: This Is New - 04/25/24 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by TJP
I'm in the who cares category beer

Same here. I don't worship old racers, musicians and particularly actors !!! Heroes to me are people who save lives - like cops, firemen, paramedics and military personnel.

If you must have a celebrity sign your vehicle, have them sign the underside of the trunk lid !

LOL ... I remember watching a Lamborghini video once and I guess there was a club meeting where the Lambo test driver was a featured guest. People were scrambling to have him sign their car and I was thinking "hell, he drove EVERY car - not just the one's he was signing" !!
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: This Is New - 04/25/24 02:36 PM

I don't care one bit. I could see how certain signatures on certain cars might add a bit of appeal/value, but only in a very specific set of circumstances.

There was a guy in Hemmings selling a street rod, and he put in the ad "Glovebox signed by Butch Patrick (Eddie Munster)." It wasn't a Munster Koach or Drag-U-La, just some generic street rod. Who cares? In fact, now I have to repaint the glove box door if I buy it, so it's not a selling point, it's a detractor.
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: This Is New - 04/25/24 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Kudakidd

If the car has a story with the person it may make it worth more. Like Petty signing a car he actually raced adds authenticity.

But Burt Reynolds signing every black and gold trans am put in front of him adds no value in my opinion. I like Burt's movies and I like Trans Am's from that era but Burt signing a car he never drove is just a signature.

By the way,

How well is that panel van with Bill Cosby's signature selling right now? shruggy
Posted By: moparx

Re: This Is New - 04/25/24 03:12 PM

i think i will sign my own car, just because ! whistling fan laugh2
what can i use to spray over my signature to "preserve" it ?
beer
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: This Is New - 04/25/24 03:25 PM

I don't want anyone writing on my car. Don't care who they are.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: This Is New - 04/25/24 05:55 PM

Same here. Doesn't add value to me and in fact might even take some away depending on how and where it was done. Same goes for cars used in a movie. Don't care.
Posted By: wingman

Re: This Is New - 04/25/24 07:17 PM

If it's a race car that was actually verified to be raced by the person signing, then maybe.

Or a custom built by a famous builder like Barris maybe.

But otherwise I'd rather not.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: This Is New - 04/25/24 07:17 PM

The guy who has my old Valiant had Billy Gibbons sign the glove box door because ZZ Top used the sound of a Slant 6 starter at the beginning of 'Manic Mechanic'. It means a lot to him I guess.
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: This Is New - 04/25/24 08:15 PM

The only person I would ever allow to sign my car would have been The Mad Striper (Jack Baldwin) or Philip McCurdy. They did phenomenal pinstriping on several friends cars. May both of you RIP.
Posted By: Kudakidd

Re: This Is New - 04/25/24 09:35 PM

Slant, I like your by-line! George Thorogood, right?
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: This Is New - 04/26/24 12:14 AM

Come on guys...

Attached picture Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 05-25-10 1978 Plymouth Volare Street Kit Car.png
Attached picture Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 05-20-54 1978 Plymouth Volare Street Kit Car.png
Attached picture Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 05-18-38 1978 Plymouth Volare Street Kit Car.png
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: This Is New - 04/26/24 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by slantzilla
The guy who has my old Valiant had Billy Gibbons sign the glove box door because ZZ Top used the sound of a Slant 6 starter at the beginning of 'Manic Mechanic'. It means a lot to him I guess.

That's a great example of a "no one cares" signature should the car ever be sold.
© 2024 Moparts Forums