Moparts

New Garage

Posted By: 70Duster

New Garage - 02/25/24 09:01 AM

Like most on here, my biggest hobby is cars. I've been running out of storage space, so when this professional garage became available, I was very interested. But the price was high. So I just treaded water for a long time and watched the price come down little by little over time. It was off the market for awhile then back on. Finally seven months later, after a big price cut, I made an offer and negotiations began. Negotiated the lift, tire changer and air compressor in with the deal. There's a two bedroom apartment upstairs that will pay all the expenses and produce some profit too. I've been wanting a place like this to store and work on my cars and just hang out for a long time. And it's only two miles from my primary residence. Settlement was yesterday. Today I started moving cars in!

Attached picture 281 W 2nd inside1.jpg
Posted By: A12

Re: New Garage - 02/25/24 09:26 AM

shock up up
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: New Garage - 02/25/24 10:53 AM

Looks Cool, should be an awesome shop garage. up
Posted By: rdrnr6970

Re: New Garage - 02/25/24 11:03 AM

Nice garage penguin up drive
Posted By: redraptor

Re: New Garage - 02/25/24 11:25 AM

Congrats. An amazing purchase. up
Posted By: FM3AAR

Re: New Garage - 02/25/24 01:21 PM

cool thumbs
Posted By: topside

Re: New Garage - 02/25/24 03:37 PM

Very cool, congrats !
That's been a fantasy of mine for decades.
I gotta ask - what's under the cover ?
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: New Garage - 02/25/24 03:39 PM

Congratulations.

Still a little cluttered.. I'll haul off that black coupe if you need me too. Lol

I have a black Stealth too. Mine is a base model though.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: New Garage - 02/25/24 08:11 PM

The upstairs apartment is the game changer. That turns the property into an income stream as well as a small business. You can depreciate the building and all repairs are tax deductible. Most of your monthly expenses such as utilities, property taxes, maintenance, etc. will also be tax deductible.

Depending on how things turn out, your hobby garage could actually build wealth for you since that building should appreciate over time.
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: New Garage - 02/26/24 12:50 AM

Congratulations! Nice to have it so close to your house as well! thumbs

Re: New Garage - 02/26/24 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by topside
Very cool, congrats !
That's been a fantasy of mine for decades.
I gotta ask - what's under the cover ?

Porsche 911

Re: New Garage - 02/26/24 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by AndyF
The upstairs apartment is the game changer. That turns the property into an income stream as well as a small business. You can depreciate the building and all repairs are tax deductible. Most of your monthly expenses such as utilities, property taxes, maintenance, etc. will also be tax deductible.

Depending on how things turn out, your hobby garage could actually build wealth for you since that building should appreciate over time.

That's exactly the plan, Andy.

I have another rental property on the other side of town. Owned it since 1988 and have done well with it. That one has a similar layout but is smaller and is in a residential neighborhood. That one has three heated single bays underneath a house and a large two bay at the rear of the property. I give one of the heated bays to the tenant and either use or rent the others. The depreciation and expenses deducted from the income every year make them a nice deal. This new one is zoned commercial, so there's a little more freedom as to what I can do there. I need to do some updating in the apartment first, then I'll get it rented and let it start paying for itself.
© 2024 Moparts Forums