Moparts

Super Bowl

Posted By: cudaman1969

Super Bowl - 02/11/24 01:37 PM

Anyone here NOT watching the toilet bowl tonight besides me? Going on 15 years for me!
Posted By: Dartsport540

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 01:44 PM

I won't be watching either. Total Stupidity to be paid Millions of dollars to chase a ball around a field, and then think that your opinion is more important than mine. Just because you are rich. I hate them all, Sport entertainers, politicians and singers that think they can dance, but not play an instrument.
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 02:09 PM

Attached picture 02F80821-A3A2-47CF-B248-C9D6250D98A0.jpeg
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 02:24 PM

laugh2 laugh2 laugh2
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 02:31 PM

Attached picture 0 hair.jpg
Posted By: Cometstorm

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 02:48 PM

I have to sit through it, at least moderately so.

Wife is a career cosmetologist, and she watches it to conversationally interact with her post game clients.

I dread it every year.

But she makes me hot bean dip, and Rosetta cheeses dip. Both with crumbled ground beef and Frito Scoops.

So I obey. penguin
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by cudaman1969
Anyone here NOT watching the toilet bowl tonight besides me? Going on 15 years for me!

I've NEVER watched any Super Bowl or any sports in general. If they got paid a teacher's salary and were competing for their 'Christmas Bonus' then I might be interested........
Posted By: Stroker

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 03:31 PM

This will be my 58th year of not watching
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 03:42 PM

Attached picture 232B6909-4F79-4FBB-9108-6D738EE01C01.jpeg
Posted By: FM3AAR

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by 65pacecar

iagree
Posted By: moparx

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by FM3AAR

iagree

i as well. iagree
beer
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
Originally Posted by FM3AAR

iagree

i as well. iagree
beer
Same
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 04:27 PM

I am currently down with a cold and didn't even go to the CMC swap meet today, so I will watch it for the commercials, my wife always does just for them...LOL..
Posted By: rdrnr6970

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 04:31 PM

My wife never got into sports until years ago when I explained to her about football and ofcouse the eagles won! boogieAnd she enjoys baseball too!So I created a sports fanatic lol!We're gonna have lime torila chips with 3 different mexican shredded cheese blend,chips and salsa for lunch.And Mondavi red wine.For dinner we're having filet mignon wrapped in bacon..it was on sale thank God.We talked about the team we hated more and it was the chefs lol the 49ers:Dso we we'll be rooting for the 49ers. drive
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 05:08 PM

It'll be on in the background at our local pub. Everyone is bringing something to eat so we'll go and beer and have a good time with friends....couldn't care less about the game(or Taylor Swift!)
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 07:49 PM

Watching
Posted By: Hugh Jorgan

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 07:52 PM

Go Cowboys! laugh2
Posted By: calmopar

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by SattyNoCar

I've NEVER watched any Super Bowl or any sports in general. If they got paid a teacher's salary and were competing for their 'Christmas Bonus' then I might be interested........

I had a few football cards when I was a kid. On the back side they always noted what the players did for work in the off-season. "Runs a car wash", "Sells insurance", etc.
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 08:26 PM

NOPE: Just to much darn Hyp about it for days now.
As if our country couldn't survive without it.
Unlike so many people these days, my memory isn't short.
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 08:35 PM

I don't watch too much tv in general, but there are a few events I make time for. The Super Bowl is one of them, although I almost never watch any of the regular season. As a marketing major in school, it was always interesting to see what Madison Avenue drummed up for us each year. Granted. most years the games were lopsided enough to make it a non-event, but it seems I've always had some friends having a party so it was always more about spending time with them than actually giving a flying flip about the game.

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Hugh Jorgan
Go Cowboys! laugh2
I think the Lions are going to beat them. Billy Sims will run all over their defense and Gary Danielson is throwing well. With Doug English right in the middle protecting Gary he looks to have a good game.
Posted By: topside

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 10:09 PM

You guys don't know nothin' - the Yankees are gonna sweep the series ! laugh2

Personally I couldn't care less about the Wine & Cheese bunch playing against the Swifties.
I don't care about football at all, especially since the kneeling BS, but I watch for clever commercials.

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by topside
You guys don't know nothin' - the Yankees are gonna sweep the series ! laugh2

Personally I couldn't care less about the Wine & Cheese bunch playing against the Swifties.
I don't care about football at all, especially since the kneeling BS, but I watch for clever commercials.
No way! The yankees don't have the bullpen!

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 11:05 PM

Shhhhh their playing Frank Sinatra with video.lol!.I did it my way...Yes it was my way... drive
Posted By: resqguy

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 11:39 PM

Actually, I would like to watch the game but I don't subscribe to the right network and I don't have cable. Football is like watching Graveyard Cars. There can be some watchable moments but on balance it is best watched with the sound down.
Posted By: BDW

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 11:45 PM

Not me, binge watching the 2nd season of Reacher.

Re: Super Bowl - 02/11/24 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by rdrnr6970
Shhhhh their playing Frank Sinatra with video.lol!.I did it my way...Yes it was my way... drive

… And now, the end is near
And so I face that final curtain
My friend, I'll make it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
… I've lived a life that's full
I've travelled each and every highway
And more, much more
I did it, I did it my way
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Super Bowl - 02/12/24 12:44 AM

I'll be on Moparts. Then move on to some other place on the internet. Won't see any sports on TV around here, unless it is racing, and even that would be pretty unusual.

My wife will be watching some old reruns of some old show.
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Super Bowl - 02/12/24 01:46 AM

I don't need to watch Taylor Swift being named the MVP!

Re: Super Bowl - 02/12/24 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by chargervert
I don't need to watch Taylor Swift being named the MVP!
Most Vulgar Person?
Posted By: Cometstorm

Re: Super Bowl - 02/12/24 02:06 AM

Stick a fork in me. I’m done.

What a friggin waste.

And that “half time” presentation? puke

Whoever paid 7 mil for thirty minute air time REALLY got taken.

Dragnet or Leave it to Beaver reruns had more substance. laugh2
Posted By: jcc

Re: Super Bowl - 02/12/24 03:14 AM

The Half time stage was close to a failure in the last 30? seconds it appears. I suspect the ending was not as planned in the rehearsals. It looked in the wide camera shot as if the back of the stage platform was lifting noticeably, that is a definite aberration. That would have been worth watching.

Re: Super Bowl - 02/12/24 04:25 AM

back to back champs!
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Super Bowl - 02/12/24 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by BDW
Not me, binge watching the 2nd season of Reacher.

It's good
Posted By: Ashsdad

Re: Super Bowl - 02/12/24 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by calmopar
Originally Posted by SattyNoCar

I had a few football cards when I was a kid. On the back side they always noted what the players did for work in the off-season. "Runs a car wash", "Sells insurance", etc.

We have a supplier who employs a person named Greg Landry. If you were a Lions fan back in the '70's (I was) the name meant a lot. I asked, and indeed it was the same guy. He's has to be in his 70's at least, and here he is, still repping.
Here in Detroit, it wasn't uncommon for athletes to work as sales reps in the off season. They used their "fame" to open doors for potential business.

Re: Super Bowl - 02/12/24 11:52 AM

We saw some of it then went to bed.Up this morning and having coffee and watching I love Lucy then Voyage to the bottom of the Sea.Should should help to forget about the game. laugh coffee
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: Super Bowl - 02/12/24 01:00 PM

Spent my afternoon doing our taxes. Ugh! I hate that more than I loathe Taylor Swift!
Posted By: calmopar

Re: Super Bowl - 02/12/24 05:33 PM

Bummer.

There's always next year...
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Super Bowl - 02/12/24 05:44 PM

In todays upside down world I think the whole TS deal and her BF are GREAT. Not because im a fan of hers or him, I could care less.... but look... a couple in there 30-s??? IN A TRADITIONAL RELATIONSHIP if nothing else should be applauded.

Go figure, they could marry and have children and IMO that would be outstanding and possibly to some against current twisted so called social norms.

Originally Posted by rrbrucea
Spent my afternoon doing our taxes. Ugh! I hate that more than I loathe Taylor Swift!
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Super Bowl - 02/12/24 06:17 PM

A couple of hours into the pre-game they interviewed Andy Reid and I think the second or third question was about tayler swift. Brother. shock As if the CBS Football crew isn't hard enough on the stomach, it got worse on a whole new level.

It was at that point I knew I should have shut it off, but, like a car accident......

Knowing the scripted outcome of this nonsense, I plowed forward. shake_head Tony Romo's gushing diarrhea commentary from kick-off to talking over top of the game-winning touchdown was unbearable. He might want to cut back whatever it is he's on.

An 11 out of 10 on the Schitt-Show meter.

The best entertainment is the comments all over Twitter X; Kelce's cringe-epic "speech" is right up there laugh2
Posted By: Old_Moparz

Re: Super Bowl - 02/12/24 08:08 PM

The only times I've ever seen any of a Superbowl game was when friends have had parties in the past & invited me over. There were always a number of us talking cars or music not paying attention to the TV until the ones watching would scream & cheer. Most of the time I don't even know who's playing until they pass around a pool at work. laugh2
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Super Bowl - 02/12/24 08:30 PM

I am not a football fan BUT..... I watched most of the game and the overtime. Two really well matched teams who don't like each other slugging it out on the field. It was a perfect example of if you screwed up you really paid for it. No, congratulations to the Chiefs. up

Re: Super Bowl - 02/12/24 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by 6PakBee
I am not a football fan BUT..... I watched most of the game and the overtime. Two really well matched teams who don't like each other slugging it out on the field. It was a perfect example of if you screwed up you really paid for it. No, congratulations to the Chiefs. up

Most of my life I didn`t really care about sports other than car racing. Now that i`m older and must less mobile I have sat down and watched them more and more. I enjoyed the game and wished they were all that good. I kinda wanted KC to win but it really didn`t matter to me.
Posted By: wingman

Re: Super Bowl - 02/13/24 07:45 PM

Been following the Chiefs since '91 when I lived in Columbia MO.

Lots and lots of disappointing years losing to the broncos and patriots in the playoffs, it's really fun to finally have a good team to watch.

Almost as much fun as trolling the "iT's RiGgEd! ThE rEfS hAvE a ScRiPt! tAyLoR sWiFt Is A sEcReT aGeNt!" crowd. It's amazing what the tin-foil hat guys will come up with. I guess it's easier on your ego than simply admitting the other team won.

Re: Super Bowl - 02/13/24 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by wingman
Been following the Chiefs since '91 when I lived in Columbia MO.

Lots and lots of disappointing years losing to the broncos and patriots in the playoffs, it's really fun to finally have a good team to watch.

Almost as much fun as trolling the "iT's RiGgEd! ThE rEfS hAvE a ScRiPt! tAyLoR sWiFt Is A sEcReT aGeNt!" crowd. It's amazing what the tin-foil hat guys will come up with. I guess it's easier on your ego than simply admitting the other team won.
Yeah, It is amazing how many tin foil hat people are around.Got to be better things to do than dream up that stuff.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Super Bowl - 02/13/24 10:04 PM

This contradicts the claims that no one cares about the Super Bowl. shruggy

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39515554/super-bowl-lviii-sets-tv-ratings-record-1234m-viewers

I left home around 8 to fill up my car's tank and pick up my daughter, and there was hardly any traffic anywhere.

Re: Super Bowl - 02/13/24 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by not_a_charger
This contradicts the claims that no one cares about the Super Bowl. shruggy

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39515554/super-bowl-lviii-sets-tv-ratings-record-1234m-viewers

I left home around 8 to fill up my car's tank and pick up my daughter, and there was hardly any traffic anywhere.
I think the mature people that have had enough of the bs and left the game are being replaced by ignorant numbskulls e.g. Gen Z, plus the whole Taylor Swift deal definitely increased viewers sick

Re: Super Bowl - 02/13/24 10:30 PM

I'm not in any way criticizing or making fun of people who don't watch, for whatever reason they choose not to watch. But there's a difference between "I don't watch" and "No one cares." The NFL has never been more popular than it is right now, and it dwarfs everything else. Until this year's SB, do you know what the most watched show ever was? Last year's SB.

Not a huge difference in fandom by age group either, though there is a little between younger/older vs. middle age.

Attached picture Screenshot 2024-02-13 172912.png

Re: Super Bowl - 02/14/24 01:39 AM

I'm not in any way criticizing or making fun of people who don't watch, for whatever reason they choose not to watch. But there's a difference between "I don't watch" and "No one cares." The NFL has never been more popular than it is right now, and it dwarfs everything else. Until this year's SB, do you know what the most watched show ever was? Last year's SB.

Not a huge difference in fandom by age group either, though there is a little between younger/older vs. middle age.
You're right. I think when I say "nobody cares" I'm just wishing so, in order to penalize the league and players in order to stop the WOKE crap, bring ticket prices down as well as player's ridiculous salaries.
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Super Bowl - 02/14/24 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360

You're right. I think when I say "nobody cares" I'm just wishing so, in order to penalize the league and players in order to stop the WOKE crap, bring ticket prices down as well as player's ridiculous salaries.

You live in the land of capitalism...Larry. No matter what you do, say, or think..professional sports players (ALL of them)..
are going to get paid insane amounts of money, to do what they do..."woke" or not.

Re: Super Bowl - 02/14/24 02:08 PM

Free market economy at work. They earn what they earn because so many people are willing to pay to watch them do what they do.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Super Bowl - 02/14/24 02:11 PM

Free market economy at work. They earn what they earn because so many people are willing to pay to watch them do what they do.

And that statement reminds me of what P.T. Barnum said so many years ago! laugh2

Re: Super Bowl - 02/14/24 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
Originally Posted by larrymopar360

You live in the land of capitalism...Larry. No matter what you do, say, or think..professional sports players (ALL of them)..
are going to get paid insane amounts of money, to do what they do..."woke" or not.
EDIT: Shoot, I just realized we are in general forum not unmoderated so I cannot comment further up
Posted By: 1969ronnie

Re: Super Bowl - 02/14/24 10:27 PM

angel Praying for the Super Bowl Parade Victims . Sad . down
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Super Bowl - 02/15/24 03:11 AM

And the NFL poster boy Mahomes got game MVP.

Now way he should have received that.,, for 50 minutes of the game he got outplayed.

Butker , the kicker won that game. Not him.
Mixed in with a muffed punt off a receiving team members foot to set them up like giving candy to a baby
Posted By: 360view

Re: Super Bowl - 02/15/24 11:29 AM

“Bread & Circuses”
was the Roman term
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: Super Bowl - 02/16/24 12:51 AM

I am happy KC won.
The first time I ever visited the US I flew to to Kansas City back in 1995

Carsten
Posted By: Not_A_Duster

Re: Super Bowl - 02/17/24 02:11 PM

I'm 62 this year.

I have never watched a Superbowl....or any US pro/college football game for that matter. Only ever saw two Canadian Football league championship games because we were invited to friends homes for "Grey Cup" parties and it seemed rude to decline....

I've never watched an NHL hockey game all the way through either....insufferably boring.

Same deal with basketball...although I did attend a NBA game in Los Angeles 5 years ago while in town for meetings with one of our suppliers. They had arranged a box in the staples center as an evening out for our group and again, it would have been rude not to accept. Spent most of the evening at the bar talking business with a couple like - minded people.

Watched a fair amount of baseball on TV as child & teen during the '70s, because my grandfather was a rabid fan, and if you wanted to spend time with him, that's what you did. He and I also travelled to "Sports Days" (kind of a combination of a county fair & baseball tournament for local teams) to watch games as well, but I never really maintained interest in the game after his passing.

Just not my thing.....I was always more about music & motor-sports. shruggy
© 2024 Moparts Forums