Moparts

Now there's a car guy's kind of commercial

Posted By: DaveRS23

Now there's a car guy's kind of commercial - 01/12/24 03:37 PM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX7aPb6tG-k
Posted By: a12rag

Re: Now there's a car guy's kind of commercial - 01/12/24 03:49 PM

Well, I dunno about that . . . regular "preventative" maintenance would be better start than "waiting" for something to happen . . . oil/filter changes regularly, flush & fill cooling system, brake system, checking battery, etc . . . cheaper in long wrong than spending $$$ on aftermarket "warranty" . . .

Just my 2cents . . .

Cheers

Mark
Posted By: 360view

Re: Now there's a car guy's kind of commercial - 01/12/24 04:09 PM

Car Shield’s advertising budget on radio must be very large.

The very high advertising as a percent of sales reminds me of Prevagen -

https://advertisers.mediaradar.com/prevagen-advertising-profile

caveat emptor
Posted By: A12

Re: Now there's a car guy's kind of commercial - 01/12/24 04:38 PM

I would swear that the majority of those extended warranty companies are foreign companies. I watch and try to find actual American cars or America license plates and never see any?????? Same with a lot of med commercials. Mods you can wipe this out and off, just venting.

Re: Now there's a car guy's kind of commercial - 01/13/24 12:13 AM

I don't have any faith in aftermarket warranties. I just thought the commercial was a cool and unique way to go about the advertising.

The post was not in any way an attempt to recommend this or any other warranty company. rolleyes
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Now there's a car guy's kind of commercial - 01/13/24 05:38 PM

One of my least favorite commercials. I can't mute or change channel fast enough. Same goes for the Jardiance commercials.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Now there's a car guy's kind of commercial - 01/13/24 05:59 PM

That is the exact OPPOSITE of a “car guy’s” commercial! Jeeez.

Re: Now there's a car guy's kind of commercial - 01/13/24 07:51 PM

No sense of humor? Sorry to have exposed that.

To some, that commercial was a funny and original way to get the point across. But humor, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Now there's a car guy's kind of commercial - 01/13/24 08:11 PM

Jardiance commercials are annoying to me. This one is fine.
Posted By: Moparite

Re: Now there's a car guy's kind of commercial - 01/14/24 02:26 PM

Most of those don't cover 20+ year old 200K mile+ vehicles so it wouldn't work for me!
Same goes for the Jardiance commercials.

A fat chick dancing around singing about a drug, What where they thinking?! This is more annoying than the insurance commercials!
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Now there's a car guy's kind of commercial - 01/14/24 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Moparite

Same goes for the Jardiance commercials.

A fat chick dancing around singing about a drug, What where they thinking?! This is more annoying than the insurance commercials!

I agree with the Jardiance commercial being the most annoying ad on tv right now but diabetes and obesity often go together.

If you are selling a diabetes drug I kinda see why they did it but oily cow that commercial is beyond annoying.

Its the only commercial I mute or change the station when it comes on. I can't do it fast enough.

As for the OP it is the better of their commercials but when you spend as much as they do on advertising do they have any money left over to pay claims?

I only get extended warranties from a reputable dealer when I buy a car. At least then I have someone to complain to face to face if I get ripped. Not that it does much good. Lol
© 2024 Moparts Forums