Moparts

Numbers matching 69 Charger R/T

Posted By: Dart 500

Numbers matching 69 Charger R/T - 01/12/24 05:17 AM

fan

Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Numbers matching 69 Charger R/T - 01/12/24 11:43 AM

He said what I’ve been seeing. People in a magazine I get were saying this month how the hobby will keep going as people age into it. The fact anybody has to throw that out there tells you what Birdsong is saying is true. Things are dying as people give up. Cars are sitting in warehouses. Young people drive their daily to the cars and coffee here because who can afford to live and keep up an old car these days?

I used to keep about 4 muscle era mopars at a time. Traveled the country to get them myself. Drove three seasons, can’t do the daily thing with old iron like he can. Would love to go back to what he doing, but even a YouTuber is saying it’s not possible anymore and he’s priced out. The issues he described with parts are a huge blow to the hobby. It’s a mess.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Numbers matching 69 Charger R/T - 01/12/24 06:05 PM

i have owned my charger since 1970, when i bought it as a "total" for $500.00
a little over a year and change later, it was rebuilt, and i had a grand sum of $1263.29 in it, which included a set of keystone 5 spokes and formula one super stock tires.
i have been flabbergasted over the prices asked, and often times received, for these cars over the last 20 years or so.
i saw, in person, a SUPER ROACHED 69 rt that needed EVERYTHING, and i mean EVERYTHING, complete drivetrain included, go for 14.5k at an auction several years back.
i couldn't believe it !!!!!
so what does that make my car worth today ?
i will never restore it, and it looks like i do, battle scars, doinks and a few small dents, but it runs great, with the original numbers matching drivetrain.
it has american 5 spokes on the front, and 8" steel wheels on the rear with 29.5x12.5 hoosiers.
i just don't understand.
beer
Posted By: Dabee

Re: Numbers matching 69 Charger R/T - 01/12/24 07:27 PM

Well looks like I got a great deal on this one. Not a charger but it’s a MOPAR and it’s a solid car. Putting a Gen III 5.7 in it. Will be a driver. Paid $1,200 for it.

Attached picture IMG_2124.jpeg

Re: Numbers matching 69 Charger R/T - 01/12/24 10:26 PM

that will be a hoot to drive ! up
beer
Posted By: Dabee

Re: Numbers matching 69 Charger R/T - 01/12/24 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
that will be a hoot to drive ! up
beer

Already have a RMS Altercation front suspension on order and will also get the RMS rear suspension for it. When done this will be my daily driver.
Posted By: TJP

Re: Numbers matching 69 Charger R/T - 01/13/24 03:43 AM

drool drool
Posted By: ink

Re: Numbers matching 69 Charger R/T - 01/14/24 06:10 AM

the 1 thing he said that I have seen and been saying for the last year or better is third generation chargers are the new thing and on the rise...^^^^^^^ it's not going to surprise me if in a couple more years the third gens stupide money!!
Posted By: abodyjoe

Re: Numbers matching 69 Charger R/T - 01/14/24 11:55 AM

he isn't saying anything that people haven't been saying for decades now. once mopars became a fad the fun started to leave.

when cheap abodies start brining this money you know the market is crazy...

Attached picture Mecum Dusters.png
Posted By: abodyjoe

Re: Numbers matching 69 Charger R/T - 01/14/24 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by ink
the 1 thing he said that I have seen and been saying for the last year or better is third generation chargers are the new thing and on the rise...^^^^^^^ it's not going to surprise me if in a couple more years the third gens stupide money!!

Attached picture charger.png
Posted By: 2fast4yourBrain

Re: Numbers matching 69 Charger R/T - 01/15/24 08:05 PM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3150841338...3CI%2BkmFl3D8Blcy%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR-iV0OuhYw
Posted By: TJP

Re: Numbers matching 69 Charger R/T - 01/16/24 03:00 AM

pricey but looks pretty solid. I'm shocked the lower back window corners are intact shocked

Re: Numbers matching 69 Charger R/T - 01/17/24 04:53 PM

and to think, i have my running/driving/half presentable car insured for only 35k !
i probably should up it by at least that amount......... eek
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums