Moparts

RIP Dave Schultz

Posted By: Magnumguy

RIP Dave Schultz - 01/01/24 05:31 PM

Some of you may know or remember Dave Schultz, he created the MoParStyle website . He passed yesterday after a tough battle with cancer.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 01/01/24 07:48 PM

I know he had a "personna" that could grate on people, but the times I spoke with him at various Mopar events he was very pleasant. RIP Big Kahuna.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 01/01/24 08:47 PM

RIP Dave, he made life hell for certain members on this site by buying the rights to screen names so we couldn't use them plus other things. He was shady but good towards the end... angel
Posted By: Michael

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 01/01/24 09:59 PM

I got along with him. He was one of a kind.
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 01/01/24 10:46 PM

Damn. I saw him two years ago at MoParty but didn’t get a chance to say hi. Even back in the MS days, he was a lot different in person than his online persona. I hung out with him a few times at various NMCA races over the years.

RIP Dave.

Dennis
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 01/01/24 11:38 PM

Whoa!

I got to meet Dave and see the 'compound' he had out near Katy, TX 20? odd years ago. I had mentioned needing a rear end for a Satellite I had, and he offered me an 8 1/4 rear out of one of his Magnums.

Dave seemed nice enough, but I kept picking up on a weird vibe from him and his place. While I didn't wander off in any direction on my own, I felt very much like he was controlling what exactly I was seeing.

And then my wagon did something weird. Never before that day or any day afterward did the wagon do what it did that day. ALL the doors on my wagon were clearly unlocked, BUT NONE OF THEM WOULD OPEN. confused

Just when I thought I was going to have to do a Bo Duke move to get in, the drivers' door opened. shocked shruggy

Once home, I tried all the doors and they worked just fine.

Never could figure that one out and that was the only time I dealt with him in person.
Posted By: GY3

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 01/02/24 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by slantzilla
I know he had a "personna" that could grate on people, but the times I spoke with him at various Mopar events he was very pleasant. RIP Big Kahuna.

People don't often act the same in person as they do when they are in the safety of their own home.

That said, I'll recuse myself of any further comments on Mr. Schultz.
Posted By: Schultz62

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 01/02/24 05:03 AM

I first 'met' him when I commented on his 'rules to date my daughter' application. He could be abrasive at times but he was a good guy. Maybe I was bias as I am also a Mr. Schultz Santa4
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 01/02/24 06:30 AM

Sorry to hear that. At times he acted like he was entitled and everything had to be his way but if you ignored that his posts were usually interesting or at least got your attention usually in a good way. He cared about mopars and was interested in the oddball ones as much as the more popular ones and always liked to talk about them. He loved his Magnums.

Side note, I wonder how much he had to do with this writeup about moparstyle shock

https://moparwiki.com/index.php?title=MoparStyle
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 01/02/24 07:37 AM

I thought you were referring to the Motorcycle pro stock racer confused
realcrazy blush
Posted By: 56_Royal_Lancer

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 01/02/24 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
realcrazy blush

That's the first thing that came to mind for me as well, and Dave's been gone for over 20 years.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 01/02/24 03:19 PM

[quote=5thAve]Sorry to hear that. At times he acted like he was entitled and everything had to be his way but if you ignored that his posts were usually interesting or at least got your attention usually in a good way. He cared about mopars and was interested in the oddball ones as much as the more popular ones and always liked to talk about them. He loved his Magnums.

Side note, I wonder how much he had to do with this writeup about moparstyle shock

https://moparwiki.com/index.php?title=MoparStyle [/quote

I think Moparwiki was his also...
Posted By: Big-Bo-Hemoth

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 01/02/24 04:29 PM

My friend Dave Schultz from Yucaipa CA is still above ground and 98.6. Unless it was A.I., I spoke with him yesterday.
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 01/02/24 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Big-Bo-Hemoth

My friend Dave Schultz from Yucaipa CA is still above ground and 98.6. Unless it was A.I., I spoke with him yesterday.

Good to hear. When I saw this post, Dave from Yucaipa was who I was thinking. He and I are from the same town and went to school together.
Posted By: moparx

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 01/02/24 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by 56_Royal_Lancer
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
realcrazy blush

That's the first thing that came to mind for me as well, and Dave's been gone for over 20 years.

my thoughts as well.........
beer
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 01/02/24 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
[quote=5thAve]Sorry to hear that. At times he acted like he was entitled and everything had to be his way but if you ignored that his posts were usually interesting or at least got your attention usually in a good way. He cared about mopars and was interested in the oddball ones as much as the more popular ones and always liked to talk about them. He loved his Magnums.

https://moparwiki.com/index.php?title=MoparStyle [/quote

I think Moparwiki was his also...

I was thinking that too and it does have his ads and logo style.
Posted By: RobR

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 01/02/24 07:37 PM

I never had any problem with him...RIP
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 01/02/24 09:25 PM

RIP
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 01/03/24 12:51 AM

I think I will will refrain from telling the short story that I almost posted, then deleted.

Not only would it not help anyone, but safe to say nobody cares.

Have a great day.
Posted By: volaredon

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 01/03/24 06:44 PM

You're the guy from Wisconsin that used to post over there alot?
I remember shorty and magnum guy, plus cranky and a couple of others from over there. I still talk to cranky I believe it's on the FABO site.
Posted By: Jer

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 01/03/24 07:06 PM

I remember Dave from the old old OLD board here. It's a fine line between arrogance and confidence, and I think for some here back then, Dave walked that line often. He certainly wasn't afraid to tackle challenges, be it building websites, building Mopars like his wagon, or more recently, battling failing health. He was a wealth of knowledge, though, Mopars in general and Magnums in particular, and he often had the answers I needed when I was a Magnum guy myself.

While I used to think of him in terms of Magnums, I came to think of him with his '60 Plymouth drag wagon; both he and the car were unique, a bit crazy and definitely over the top.

Rest in peace, Dave.
Posted By: 56_Royal_Lancer

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 01/03/24 08:44 PM

Rolling up to the line at National Trail Raceway...

Attached picture 60 nss.jpg
Posted By: Bubba

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 03/28/24 04:30 PM

MOLESLURP says " Happy to have never met you in person" troll

Rest Easy Mr. Schultz.
Posted By: A990

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 03/28/24 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by 56_Royal_Lancer
Rolling up to the line at National Trail Raceway...

Is this the same guy that had a 80 or 81 Imperial drag car? Or do I have the wrong person.

There was also a guy way way back called Elvis that was pretty high strung. Although is seems he had a Duster (i think).

Either way RIP to whichever one that has passed away.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 03/28/24 05:16 PM

Elvis was Eddie, purple Duster, different than Dave.

I think Bubba, the poster above you, had an Imperial drag car?

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 03/28/24 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by not_a_charger

Mirada. I like that car and run across a pic on FB every once in a while.

Dennis
Posted By: RTSE4ME

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 03/28/24 07:22 PM

I remember the Big Kahuna. He bought a car I wanted to get 10+ years ago.It was a Daytona clone made from a Charger 500.
He flipped it a week later and that owner flipped it again.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 03/28/24 08:09 PM

Dave was very proud of his money and made sure everyone knew it.He wasn't a pleasant person on this site.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 03/28/24 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by cudaboy

Dennis

my Brother owns the Mirada now

Attached picture kirkmirada.jpg

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 03/30/24 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by bigdad
Originally Posted by cudaboy

Dennis

my Brother owns the Mirada now
. 👍🏻👍🏻

Dennis
Posted By: Kilroy was here

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 04/06/24 03:16 AM

Sorry to see him pass. Moparstyle, Moparweb. Chit chatted with him now and then.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 04/08/24 06:06 PM

I never met him. I didn't like his on line persona but I don't know what he was like in real life. Might have been a great guy.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: RIP Dave Schultz - 04/08/24 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by AndyF
I never met him. I didn't like his on line persona but I don't know what he was like in real life. Might have been a great guy.

Met him a couple times over the years. He was very cordial, and decent to talk with.
© 2024 Moparts Forums