Moparts

Getting Exhaust

Posted By: dart4forte

Getting Exhaust - 12/24/23 02:19 PM

Anyone having problems gettin exhaust pipes and mufflers. Was told that Accurate and ECS were back ordered? ECS a year.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Getting Exhaust - 12/24/23 02:21 PM

why wouldn't that surprise anyone.
everything else seems to be on backorder.........
beer
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Getting Exhaust - 12/24/23 03:23 PM

Have you tried Gardner Exhaust? https://www.gardnerexhaust.com/
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: Getting Exhaust - 12/24/23 03:50 PM

You will need to search for an acceptable substitute. Every manufacturing facility on the planet is having a problem attracting hiring and keeping employees.
Posted By: 69gtxvert

Re: Getting Exhaust - 12/24/23 07:22 PM

Got mine from Waldron about a year and a half ago. Even then, I think it was about 10 weeks from order to ship.
Posted By: Tom Swope

Re: Getting Exhaust - 12/25/23 04:04 PM

FYI , Accurate has not been back ordered on most items. The website accurateltd.com is updated on a regular basis for items that may be on a back order basis but most exhaust products are currently available. If unsure please call 541-672-2661.
Posted By: koak

Re: Getting Exhaust - 12/25/23 05:17 PM

[quote=69gtxvert]Got mine from Waldron about a year and a half ago. Even then, I think it was about 10 weeks from order to ship.
That CANNOT be the same Burton Wadlron I bought exhaust from like 40 years ago……??
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Getting Exhaust - 12/26/23 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Swope
FYI , Accurate has not been back ordered on most items. The website accurateltd.com is updated on a regular basis for items that may be on a back order basis but most exhaust products are currently available. If unsure please call 541-672-2661.

Thanks Tom
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Getting Exhaust - 12/26/23 06:55 PM

Why not buy the mufflers and or resonators & have an exhaust shop bend a system for you? Unless you don't have any good exhaust shops by you - they are getting rare around here. Doing good custom exhaust work is becoming a lost art vanishing with the older guys retiring & dying-off.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Getting Exhaust - 12/26/23 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
Why not buy the mufflers and or resonators & have an exhaust shop bend a system for you? Unless you don't have any good exhaust shops by you - they are getting rare around here. Doing good custom exhaust work is becoming a lost art vanishing with the older guys retiring & dying-off.

Around here, exhaust shops are a lot like radiator shops, non excitant. Its getting really hard to find a real automotive shop where someone still actually knows anything, most local auto repair shops have become parts replacement centers. That is pretty unfortunate, as I become older, there are more things I would just rather not do on my stuff, but finding a place I trust to do the job correctly is really getting hard.
© 2024 Moparts Forums