Moparts

SHIPPING OVERSEAS

Posted By: Magnumguy

SHIPPING OVERSEAS - 11/21/23 02:18 AM

I have a steering wheel to send to England, but it'll be $100. Is there any alternative? Anyone sending stuff overseas familiar with a different method?
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: SHIPPING OVERSEAS - 11/21/23 02:43 AM

Hang out in the airport bathroom. See if anyone traveling to England can hide it in a body cavity for $50?

Aside from that when I had to send something to Australia I sent it by low cost postal mail. It went by boat and took over a month but that was my cheapest option at the time. Tracking wasn't an option though. shruggy
Posted By: floyd

Re: SHIPPING OVERSEAS - 11/21/23 03:02 AM

What shipping services have you looked into?

Re: SHIPPING OVERSEAS - 11/21/23 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by floyd
What shipping services have you looked into?

UPS and USPS
Posted By: kentj340

Re: SHIPPING OVERSEAS - 11/21/23 07:04 AM

eBay has a shipping calculator here. Using this will at least get you in the ballpark.

I recently shipped a car radio to Canada for $62.25 USPS, so a steering wheel to England for $100 sounds about right.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: SHIPPING OVERSEAS - 11/21/23 01:25 PM

I recently shipped a car radio to Canada for $62.25 USPS, so a steering wheel to England for $100 sounds about right.

Yeah 'cause, you know, Canada and England are right next to each other !!!!!!!
Posted By: BIGGERED

Re: SHIPPING OVERSEAS - 11/21/23 05:57 PM

Try pirateship.com

They have better than retail rates even international.
Posted By: moparx

Re: SHIPPING OVERSEAS - 11/21/23 06:16 PM

i have been using pirate ship for quite a while now, and their rates are about the best in the business by far.
beer
Posted By: TJP

Re: SHIPPING OVERSEAS - 11/21/23 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by IMGTX
Hang out in the airport bathroom. See if anyone traveling to England can hide it in a body cavity for $50?

Aside from that when I had to send something to Australia I sent it by low cost postal mail. It went by boat and took over a month but that was my cheapest option at the time. Tracking wasn't an option though. shruggy

🤣🤣🍻
Posted By: BadMoonRacer

Re: SHIPPING OVERSEAS - 11/24/23 01:41 PM

I am frequently buying car related stuff from the U.S. Regardless of carrier, shipping has increased tremendously in the past decade, and especially since Covid. This quote for $100, for a steering wheel, does not surprise me.

Ragnar in Iceland.
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: SHIPPING OVERSEAS - 11/24/23 09:41 PM

USPS is cheapest for international like this - I ship mufflers internationally quite often. You can't ship surface anymore - only "slow air" - 6-10 days.

Re: SHIPPING OVERSEAS - 11/24/23 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
USPS is cheapest for international like this - I ship mufflers internationally quite often. You can't ship surface anymore - only "slow air" - 6-10 days.

UPS was double + what USPS wanted.
© 2024 Moparts Forums