Moparts

How much $$$$

Posted By: toplescuda

How much $$$$ - 11/03/23 02:06 AM

If a person had a body redone from amd (70 cuda vert)
What would the $$$$be to take the shell to graveyard carz to have them finish it
Car is 100 compleat but rusty. Compeat run motor tranny mint dash pad. Uncut dash harness. Just dreaming but what would a dollar figure be.?
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: How much $$$$ - 11/03/23 02:12 AM

Why not just call Mark Worman himself, and see if he can give you a $$ figure ?

Re: How much $$$$ - 11/03/23 02:20 AM

Well for one. 99.9%won't happen so why wast a buissness man time on something he won't be doing
Posted By: klunick

Re: How much $$$$ - 11/03/23 02:36 AM

100k to start would be my guess. Based on what? Well, I have my 67. Bought car, bought AMD 1/4 panels, frame connectors, torque boxes, floor pans, partial trunk, inner and outer rockers, trunk drop downs, reanodized grills and rear spears, gas tank, fuel lines, brake lines, PS pump, PB booster, rebuilt dash with new gauges, 340 block, alum rad, 727 trans rebuilt, and custom 8 3/4 rear, suspension all upgraded, disc in front, new HD springs, large bolt pattern. buddy welded everything up better than factory. Car in Epoxy. 31k into car at this point. 15k for paint. Boom that is 46. Still need to put it together once that is done, buy wiring harnesses, interior, stroker kit, Holly FI. My guess is when I get done I will be between 75-80k. For a car that you mentioned, you aren't going to do it quick and dirty for sure. So far, I've had my barracuda bought and heading in this direction since 2004. Money and time, money and time.
Posted By: Sniper

Re: How much $$$$ - 11/03/23 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by toplescuda
Well for one. 99.9%won't happen so why wast a buissness man time on something he won't be doing

Then why are you wasting our time?

Re: How much $$$$ - 11/03/23 03:21 AM

Lol you your just setting there scrolling along
The other is running a high dollar buissness.....now if somehow your getting paid to monitor the general section...it's not really waiting YOUR time.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: How much $$$$ - 11/03/23 12:26 PM

When a shop reaches a certain point with the quality of their output they pretty much insist on maintaining that level - which means THEY do everything. So there is no "bringing then a complete drivetrain" etc to "just drop in". There is no using "good enough original seats" etc.. There is no telling them you want a "driver quality paint job". That said, I seriously doubt that ANY car coming out of that shop would be less than $150k, with MANY being in the $250k range. It takes the same amount of labor to paint and assemble a slant six dart as it does a Hemi 'cuda. The only differences with any two cars being what sheet metal and other parts need replacement.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: How much $$$$ - 11/03/23 12:50 PM

This may not be an accurate comparison but that Pontiac ragtop that was on Kindig-it Design a couple years ago is somewhat of a local car. A reliable source told me the owner had $450K into that car out the door.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: How much $$$$ - 11/03/23 01:16 PM

Bout tree fiddy.
Posted By: Hugh Jorgan

Re: How much $$$$ - 11/03/23 02:52 PM

realcrazy twocents
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: How much $$$$ - 11/03/23 06:10 PM

I'd rather have Birdsong do it

He has rebuilt many just from the inner structure
Posted By: hotairballoonpilot

Re: How much $$$$ - 11/03/23 06:34 PM

if you have to ask you can't afford it. my guess is by time take what you describe and finish it all easy 200 to 250K
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: How much $$$$ - 11/03/23 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper

Then why are you wasting our time?

To the OP... YOU are the guy, that asked in the thread you started, about taking
YOUR Cuda to Graveyard Carz, to get work done, and how much it would cost to get done at his shop!
If you don't plan on taking your car there, or even calling them to get a quote...then why'd you start this thread? Just because you're "dreaming"..shruggy
Everybody ( with the exception of klunick, who gave you figures on his personal '67 Barracuda) on this board, can throw out any amount of $$ figures, but in the end, it's all just an educated guess.. especially since we don't even have any pics of your car to go by. twocents

MY own guess...easy $250-$350K... likely more
Posted By: roadrunninMark

Re: How much $$$$ - 11/03/23 09:02 PM

Why not have AMD do the body? You can save on the shipping of body panels too. Probably way less money than GYC too. AMD did redo the body of the Cuda that started the show.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: How much $$$$ - 11/03/23 09:51 PM

Why not have AMD do the body?

In hindsight I'd do this in a heartbeat !!
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: How much $$$$ - 11/03/23 09:56 PM

What would the $$$$be to take the shell to graveyard carz to have them finish it
Car is 100 compleat but rusty. Compeat run motor tranny mint dash pad. Uncut dash harness. Just dreaming but what would a dollar figure be.?

This is easy.

Why invest money & time in rusty junk?

Dump it & save the money for a solid, original car. twocents
Posted By: 69gtxvert

Re: How much $$$$ - 11/03/23 10:16 PM

I guess I don't understand the need to pay someone $250/hr (or whatever the number is) unless you are planning to take to take this now perfect car on the show circuit. If you want a driver, do it yourself and save $200k. Personally, I have no interest in owning anything that isn't a driver. Perfect show cars cost $300K+....drivers cost $30k+. Much respect for those that have the resources and the commitment to go for perfect but that isn't something I could or would do. I love enjoying my driver, done by me, and I love admiring everyone else's cars, no matter how much they spent. As long as it's a Mopar, I'm a fan.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: How much $$$$ - 11/03/23 10:38 PM

Its not from GVC

But there is a 57 Chevy sedan near me that the owner designed himself. But had a high-end shop actually do ALL the work, start to finish.

I've heard rumors he has over $450k in the car.

Ps, Ive also been told GYC does it ALL or NOTHING beginning to end.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: How much $$$$ - 11/03/23 11:55 PM

Its going to cost more to "save" this one then it would cost to go a Barren-Jackson or Mecome Auction and buy a rust free restored Cuda convert. I don't see it coming out of any shop for under $200K. The big name shops can easily double that.

My 49 Dodge pickup, at my welding shop, at my shop labor (which was low compared to others in my area) would have been nearly $200k in just labor time, if I did it for you (1 guy, 2080 hours labor time only, 2 guys doubles the labor rate but might cut the time by 25%), plus the parts. That probably isn't anywhere near the quality you are looking for (it is my truck and I am OK with how it came out).

Time is money. Metal replacement takes time, dissembling a car takes time, chasing down parts, reassembling the car takes time, the details that make it look great takes longer!
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: How much $$$$ - 11/04/23 12:43 AM

Well, I don't know if you got your answer, but we learned how to ruffle a few feathers around here.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: How much $$$$ - 11/04/23 02:50 AM

GYC did a 69 GTX 440 automatic and the bill was $120K. I fixed a few things they messed up after the owner got the car home... tsk

Re: How much $$$$ - 11/04/23 10:56 AM

Some point. The car WILL go t9 the amd center and replace what ever needs done
What the car won't be doing unless I hit the lotto. Is having graveyard cars restore it....someone about plating finishes (or anything f9r that matter) coming out of a spray can. Is not something I feel any "resto shop"should EVER do
And I've seen with my own eyes multi times on there show
© 2024 Moparts Forums