Moparts

Max Care and lifetime warranty questions?

Posted By: MI_Custumz

Max Care and lifetime warranty questions? - 09/18/23 10:20 AM

I have lifetime factory powertrain warranty and lifetime max care on my daughters car. It is technically her mother's car, but her primary use vehicle. Due to recent events, her mother's name is going back to her maiden name. I know if the vehicle is sold or not owned by the original owner the warranty is no longer valid. Would a name change effect this? Part of the settlement was to keep the car in her name for the warranty and kind glad she's taking her maiden name back, but just now thought of this and was curious.
Posted By: AdventurerSport

Re: Max Care and lifetime warranty questions? - 09/18/23 01:51 PM

I think that you can keep the warranty, as names occasionally change (i.e. women getting married, divorced, etc. as the most common). Of course, there are many other reasons to make a name change, so I'm sure that there is a way to do it and keep the warranty. Most likely, in the event of a claim, all she would need to do is prove that she's the same person that bought the car/warranty.

JS
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Max Care and lifetime warranty questions? - 09/18/23 03:34 PM

Yes, whatever legal paperwork was involved in getting the name change should suffice to keep the warranty valid.
Posted By: MI_Custumz

Re: Max Care and lifetime warranty questions? - 09/18/23 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper
Yes, whatever legal paperwork was involved in getting the name change should suffice to keep the warranty valid.
I'll keep a copy of the divorce handy and see if there is any paperwork she has to show the change.
© 2024 Moparts Forums