Moparts

Charger news

Posted By: Dart 500

Charger news - 09/03/23 04:24 PM

Charger daytonas will be EV, Regular Chargers will come with the 410hp and 510hp turbo 6's, glass roof oprional, will be 4 door. Challenger coming back and may even hit the streets first. In gas form they will be lighter than current offerings, supposed new V8 secretly in the works, probably lower displacement and turbocharged. May see something at NAIAS in a couple weeks, but no Dodge press conference scheduled.

Attached picture charger.jpg
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Charger news - 09/03/23 06:45 PM

Looks like new Camaro.
Posted By: basketcase

Re: Charger news - 09/03/23 10:22 PM

puke puke puke
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Charger news - 09/03/23 10:34 PM

Yep, another new car offering I'm not going to be standing in line for.
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Charger news - 09/03/23 11:35 PM

That car has certainly lost the 'distinctiveness' that it's predecessor had. Just another car on the road. At least as far as looks.
Posted By: oldjonny

Re: Charger news - 09/04/23 12:33 AM

All of the folks interested in this have previously been turned off by the turd called the Hornet

Re: Charger news - 09/04/23 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by gtx6970
Looks like new Camaro.

Thats just a loose concept thats clearly based off a current challenger, expect the production version to resemble it, but dimensions will be different. Will probably look better

Re: Charger news - 09/04/23 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by oldjonny
All of the folks interested in this have previously been turned off by the turd called the Hornet

Drove by a dealer with one of those, mumbled "Nope" and kept on driving
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Charger news - 09/04/23 03:39 AM

Are they actually selling Hornet's now? Only one I saw this year was at Musclecars at the Strip and it wouldn't start... laugh2
Posted By: Tom_440

Re: Charger news - 09/04/23 03:54 AM

Swollen Challenger.
Posted By: topside

Re: Charger news - 09/04/23 04:17 AM

Looks kinda like a Challenger nose and Audi sides.
Even though the nose and the hood slot are somewhat interesting, the whole thing does nothing for me.
The powertrain and electronics don't interest me.
I'm confident that they don't give a damn what I think or why, and that I'm not the demographic they're after.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Charger news - 09/04/23 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dart 500
Looks like new Camaro.

Thats just a loose concept thats clearly based off a current challenger, expect the production version to resemble it, but dimensions will be different. Will probably look better
Exactly.
Posted By: Old_Moparz

Re: Charger news - 09/05/23 02:19 PM

It's not terrible looking but the front needs some changes.
Posted By: Jer

Re: Charger news - 09/06/23 05:11 AM

This is the stupidly-named Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Banshee from the 2022 SEMA show. Probably nothing like the 4-door that will be offered, but as a design study, I really like it. It carries it's weight much better than the Challenger, which always looked like they took the original and scaled it up 160%.
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Charger news - 09/07/23 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Looks like new Camaro.

Exactly.

Don't fool yourself, It will look even worse when the skin is tightened up and recurved for aromatics. Look, the challenger from 2008-2023 wasn't exactly the fastest (not counting hellcats), most reliable car ever but the looks and old school hemi monsters more than made up for any shortcomings real or perceived, they are gonna lose the things that made em stand out from the rest and they won't sell and they will be discontinued shortly and dodge will just say "we knew there was no market for a hot rod"

Re: Charger news - 09/07/23 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by HotRodDave
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Looks like new Camaro.

Exactly.

Don't fool yourself, It will look even worse when the skin is tightened up and recurved for aromatics. Look, the challenger from 2008-2023 wasn't exactly the fastest (not counting hellcats), most reliable car ever but the looks and old school hemi monsters more than made up for any shortcomings real or perceived, they are gonna lose the things that made em stand out from the rest and they won't sell and they will be discontinued shortly and dodge will just say "we knew there was no market for a hot rod"

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. IMO the challenger production car looked better than the concept
Posted By: A990

Re: Charger news - 09/07/23 05:55 PM

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. IMO the challenger production car looked better than the concept

Yep. Got burned too many times on show stuff that morphed at the showroom.
© 2024 Moparts Forums