Moparts

Donut cutter?

Posted By: ZIPPY

Donut cutter? - 08/16/23 06:32 PM

A little birdie told me some old guard, 1990s original moparts people may or may not head to the donut cutter tonight for the traditional pre-Woodward festivities kind of a thing.

Being in that ancient category myself and not being in touch as well as I should, I was thinking about heading out to check out some cars and socialize, and maybe see some familiar faces/vehicles.
I'm probably better with cars than faces but it's best to have both.

Anyone thinking the same?

Posted By: Devil

Re: Donut cutter? - 08/16/23 07:04 PM

I don't know what you heard. I am heading there in just a few minutes. I know a bunch of my Mopar friends are going. It is a beautiful day finally, should have a good turnout.

Re: Donut cutter? - 08/16/23 07:12 PM

I'd totally forgotten it usually happens today, but a mutual friend told me Doug/69charger was up for the cruise and that reminded me the normal gathering was supposed to happen.

Doug used to be a club guy and there are usually club cars there so it all makes sense.

Haven't seen doug in awhile
Posted By: rapom

Re: Donut cutter? - 08/16/23 09:19 PM

Wish I could be there. I remember getting some flow masters from Doug around there. Ended up getting in trouble with the police frying my tires.
Unlawful helped get my speeding ticket reduced.

Been to the donut cutter about 4 times since then, but that was over 10 years ago.
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Donut cutter? - 08/16/23 10:15 PM

I had plans to go today, but the weather yesterday screwed me up. I was going to get all my yard work done yesterday, but it rained all day. So I had to get it done today, leaving me no time, to drive down there (I'm two hours away)......have fun y'all.
And someone (Ryan) post some pics later... tia! up

Re: Donut cutter? - 08/17/23 04:09 AM

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/albums/72177720310541199

Don't worry about the first handful of pics, those are from other adventures. The Donut Cutters stuff starts near the bottom and goes onto the other pages.
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Donut cutter? - 08/17/23 05:43 AM

Thanks again Ryan 😁
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: Donut cutter? - 08/17/23 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Devil

Don't worry about the first handful of pics, those are from other adventures. The Donut Cutters stuff starts near the bottom and goes onto the other pages.

I was standing right next to you watching you take those photos. I probably only personally know two or three members here. Next year I'll have to introduce myself.

Re: Donut cutter? - 08/17/23 03:29 PM

Showed up a little later after dinner, nice shots there, looks like there was some turnover by the time I got there.

Enjoyed it, couple of good conversations and nice to see the familiar cars back out again.

I drove a Honda Accord so I didn't try to park there LOL.
Feels weird to not have the gtx out at all for 3 years but that's part of the price paid for the job currently underway.
If it's going to be in paint jail, at least it's a prison of my own making.

Last night was about as busy and crazy as I can stand Woodward, will probably not be back for the rest of the week.

Took a bunch of pictures but they're on the phone/social media is just easier.

Someone had a drone flying that was about to get caught on utility wires, I was waiting for the drone to crash on a car but it didn't happen.

Posted By: Kiddart

Re: Donut cutter? - 08/17/23 03:29 PM

I got there around 4:30 it was already almost at Capacity, way too many cars in a small spot for my liking. but its Woodward Baby. So, I just suck it up.

Re: Donut cutter? - 08/19/23 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by MarkZ
Originally Posted by Devil

I was standing right next to you watching you take those photos. I probably only personally know two or three members here. Next year I'll have to introduce myself.

Yes you should have!
Posted By: rdrnr6970

Re: Donut cutter? - 08/19/23 05:06 PM

Great stuff Ryan!I had no idea about the donut cutter coolness thanks!
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Donut cutter? - 08/19/23 07:36 PM

I drove a Honda Accord so I didn't try to park there LOL.

What, no Polara? shruggy

Re: Donut cutter? - 08/21/23 01:04 PM

Broke a mounting tab on the front valance, that side is almost touching the ground.

I didn't want to drive it until i had a chance to fix that.....it isn't like I can just go down somewhere and buy a new front valance.

I fabricated a steel repair plate and sprayed it with epoxy but haven't got around to installing it yet.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Donut cutter? - 08/24/23 06:46 PM

I totally forgot to head down to the Donut Cutter this year. Was always near 12-14 Mile Roads. Someone did forward me some pictures/video that I made the news and someone's YouTube video. Pretty cool.

Attached picture IMG_4598.jpg
Attached picture IMG_4599.jpg
Attached picture 20230816_211340.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums