Moparts

Hot Coil 1973 MGB

Posted By: Faust

Hot Coil 1973 MGB - 07/29/23 11:18 AM

Yesterday I stopped to help out a guy with a broken down MGB. At first it looked like he had worn out the fan belt, but it turned out his alternator was frozen. Anyway, the car had been sitting about two hours and the fender mounted ignition coil was still too hot to touch. Any idea what would cause that?
Posted By: ruderunner

Re: Hot Coil 1973 MGB - 07/29/23 11:32 AM

Left the key on?

There's a Lucas electronic joke in here somewhere.
Posted By: TJP

Re: Hot Coil 1973 MGB - 07/30/23 02:56 AM

Must read LINKY Note the MG in the pic's LOL

Attached picture Smokekit2.jpg
Attached picture smokekit.jpg
Posted By: moparx

Re: Hot Coil 1973 MGB - 07/30/23 04:43 PM

finally, a RELIABLE source to replace the MAGIC SMOKE i have been looking many, many years for ! boogie up bow
beer
Posted By: nuthinbutmopar

Re: Hot Coil 1973 MGB - 07/30/23 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
finally, a RELIABLE source to replace the MAGIC SMOKE i have been looking many, many years for ! boogie up bow
beer

You must have missed the "LUCAS" on the bottle. "LUCAS" and "RELIABLE" are opposites and cancel each other out. I spent 7 years in England and speak from personal experience...
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Hot Coil 1973 MGB - 07/30/23 11:03 PM

There's a reason they call Lucas the 'Prince of Darkness'.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Hot Coil 1973 MGB - 07/31/23 04:03 PM

My favorite comment about cars that have Lucas electrical systems is that they leak electricity.
Posted By: 318 Stroker

Re: Hot Coil 1973 MGB - 07/31/23 06:23 PM

Three positions of a Lucas headlamp switch: off, dim, and flicker.

Why do the British drink their beer warm. Because their refrigerators are wired by Lucas.

Posted By: moparx

Re: Hot Coil 1973 MGB - 08/01/23 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by nuthinbutmopar
beer

You must have missed the "LUCAS" on the bottle. "LUCAS" and "RELIABLE" are opposites and cancel each other out. I spent 7 years in England and speak from personal experience...

my mistake ! i own that and deserve to be beaten with a stick ! or as my old man would say : "get a bag of quarters and back up to the a$$ kickin' machine !" laugh2
beer
Posted By: TJP

Re: Hot Coil 1973 MGB - 08/01/23 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by nuthinbutmopar
beer

my mistake ! i own that and deserve to be beaten with a stick ! or as my old man would say : "get a bag of quarters and back up to the a$$ kickin' machine !" laugh2
beer

Hopefully it has LUCAS electrical components in it 🤣
© 2024 Moparts Forums