Moparts

Truck rental i

Posted By: ink

Truck rental i - 07/08/23 02:29 AM

Well its happening again.. last year i gave up on trying to make Carlisle because i couldn't find affordable truck rentals.. the last time i went ( 3? Maybe 4 ) years ago i was able to rent a tall cargo van with unlimited miles for something like 400.00 i must of missed something because now the last few years you can't even get a truck or van with going to someplace that only rents trucks/ vans.. and the cheapest i have found wants 40 cents a mile on top of the fixed cost... anyone found something affordable?? I have a long list of parts so a car is out of the question!! And at 40 cents a mile from where im coming from ( Illinois ) i may as well just buy a finished car ? ;(
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Truck rental i - 07/08/23 03:00 AM

Enterprise had some good deals on rental trucks, last year my buddy broke down and needed a truck to tow his trailer home and found a good rate from them, not sure what it was but it worked for him... shruggy
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Truck rental i - 07/08/23 07:41 AM

the last time I check on l renting a large ,under 25,000 LB gross, cargo truck Penske had the best deals on local use scope I rented in SO CA and drove it up to central Oregon to move a lot of my shop equipment, it got hot climbing out of northern CA into Oregon and I had to have that fix here in Oregon, thermostatic fan went bad. It was Cummins diesel powered and I paid for the fuel as well a little for the mileage I think (CRS) realcrazy
It was way cheaper than renting any truck one way from SO CA back then shruggy work I did have to drive into the L.A. Basin from the Mojave desert and return it to the same place when I was done but that no big deal, my wife drove me down there and pick me up on the return trip
\They were way cheaper than U haul, National or any other truck rental company I called scope

Re: Truck rental i - 07/08/23 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
the last time I check on l renting a large ,under 25,000 LB gross, cargo truck Penske had the best deals on local use scope I rented in SO CA and drove it up to central Oregon to move a lot of my shop equipment, it got hot climbing out of northern CA into Oregon and I had to have that fix here in Oregon, thermostatic fan went bad. It was Cummins diesel powered and I paid for the fuel as well a little for the mileage I think (CRS) realcrazy
It was way cheaper than renting any truck one way from SO CA back then shruggy work I did have to drive into the L.A. Basin from the Mojave desert and return it to the same place when I was done but that no big deal, my wife drove me down there and pick me up on the return trip
\They were way cheaper than U haul, National or any other truck rental company I called scope

Re: Truck rental i - 07/08/23 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by ink
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
i asked the wife and these two are the ones she called! anyone in Illinois want to split a truck ?? maybe a new (er) truck is in my future???
© 2024 Moparts Forums